Tuna Talk

These ocean conditions are making me think of fishing albies. Might have to go 30 miles and jig some black cod just to go see it.

Went in for a brief but expensive visit to the Trotac sale yesterday lol. They started sorting the tuna gear so it was a little easy to look through everything. I can't comment on the other stuff in the store as I was drawn to back of the store where I knew the pot of gold was.

Ending up picking up some more feathers in Zuccini and Mexi Flag (I had a Mexi Flag feather lure that caught 8 fish in one day last year). 4 cool looking wooden lures that I want to try with the dive boards (not too sure how to fish these, anyone?). I also ended up with two larger black and purple jet heads that are 8" long. FB posted up some shots of the fish that some of there tuna were eating and they were quite large.

Anyways I got what I wanted and more (isn't that always the case). They have a great selection of tuna lures but I did not see the attractors like birds, rabbits, and splash boats etc. I'm sure they have them, I just didn't ask. One of these days I will spend more than 1/2 and hour in that store. Cool place for sure.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Those sure look like bullet poppers to me....cast them as far as you can near a school of busting tuna and reel like crazy. They will proably produce a nice smoke trail driving the tuna nuts!

Just can't help yourself, eh buddy?

I keep saying that's it but I always seem to pick up more lol.

If I can find some more small feathers I will probably pick some of them up like those ones you grabbed at Minerva's. How many folks are running blue and white? Use them on clear days?

If I can find some more small feathers I will probably pick some of them up like those ones you grabbed at Minerva's. How many folks are running blue and white? Use them on clear days?

Roger, clear days

Your going to have to get a bigger boat (opps-Tackle box) pretty quick eh...... :)

Your going to have to get a bigger boat (opps-Tackle box) pretty quick eh...... :)

Actually I'll be in soon to grab another one of those shimano organizers lol. Are you guy's getting any blue and white feathers in?
I will probably grab some more xraps as well lol.

It truly is an addiction........

Derby I'll be coming through tomorrow, you around? Gotta firm up some details! John I'm raiding your box during the shootout!!

Saw some of those P-Line tuna lures at gone fishin in port. They had all the standard colors black purple, zucchini, Mexican, and the blue and white. 10$. Pretty good price for a jet head imitation. The heads look sweet.

I believe the bigger ones are on the way...the shimano stuff just showed up... :)

Actually I'll be in soon to grab another one of those shimano organizers lol. Are you guy's getting any blue and white feathers in?

Best prices i've seen in Canada on those x-raps........i'm all stocked up for the season.