Tuna - now is the time!

Let's catch

What in the heck do you guy's call a TUNA? :D:D:D:D:D:D

quote:Originally posted by finaddict

Lets Fish....Hell no! Lets watch the sparks fly,:D

A trouble maker - I love it.

Perfect Tuna mentality....let the carnage begin!!!

Enough gum flapping... what do you think about his whole tuner thing.

I know for many it's a long ways out and the right water is a long ways from home waters...and it's a big fuel bill if you get zipped but heck you can always ease in 5-10miles for halibut if the tuna run is a bust. This year won't work for me but I think next summer, I am going to head north for 7-10days and give it a whirl. If the WX sucks then I fish ling/butts/salmon and have a great week just the same.

Anybody ever chat up the commercial boys about run timings, distance out, likely best spots to work? I would feel like a real moron getting everyone juices flowing for something that is 70-80miles out.

I would be interested to get a feel for the potential. Water temps and clean water look good and I have chatted with lads way up at the northern tip of VI who have hit them in August and September.

Another thought...Halbacore and Salbacore days. Or the Trifecta, get you tuna, ease inside some for halibut and cap the day with Salmon limit. I ve done hal and sal days but never the triple.

Salbacore day - Last July: 16tuners and 1coho 1nook - solo!!

Depoetuna1.jpg

The following day: 33tuna whack'd and stack'd (those are 1 gallon ziplock bags of tuna loins)

P7302228.jpg

Gotta hand it to ya 5-Salt Fever,[:p] thats one heck of a pile of fish. If you ever need a deck hand thats willing to help with fuel costs let me know. I live in NW Oregon, have a pretty good handle on the Salmon and am willing to learn the ins and outs of TUNA. Do you can most of the tuna? Thanks for the post, Mike [8D]

Back