Trophy Pod Project

She flies. Dealer sea trial was 39 knots top speed with the 19P Enertia prop I had. Said there’s room to get a bit more out of her with a 21P
nice speed, depending where you fish (swell) and load, you may want to stick with the 19p

Love this thread. With all that motor I'd try the 21P. I would think you'd get close to 50MPH. And a decent cruise speed without winding out.

Did they give the rpm at that speed with the 19”?
That’s at WOT 6000rpm. I think I’ll stick with the 19P for now, never been a speed demon and 39knt is plenty for me. Plus another $1500 doesn’t sound too hot right now 🤣
I like to cruise at 25knots, she’ll be just purring at that speed

Edit: after dialling it all in trim wise, I can get it to 43.5knots at WOT 5950RPM, cruise at 36knots at 4800RPM (engine sounds the best here), and best gas mileage cruising around 26-28 knots at 4000-4100 RPM sounds like it’s not even trying.

Last edited:
That’s at WOT 6000rpm. I think I’ll stick with the 19P for now, never been a speed demon and 39knt is plenty for me. Plus another $1500 doesn’t sound too hot right now 🤣
I like to cruise at 25knots, she’ll be just purring at that speed
Sounds like you’re propped right. Load the boat up with gear and guests and you’ll appreciate not changing to a 21P.
An 18P or 19P four-blade like the Powertech OFS4 might be an upgrade if you do ever decide to change it up.

Well a boat is never “all done” but my gameplan for this reno is almost complete… Still have to get a canvas enclosure done and waiting for the Ultradeck to arrive (for the pod deck and the floor piece where motor used to be). There’s some imperfections and a few things I would tweak in hindsight, but overall I’m pretty happy.

The extra floor space in the back is great! Given that I already have built in coolers and a live well (plus access needed for bilge/pumps/etc) I just put an powder coated plate down with an access door on it and be done with it, ultradeck to follow. I may use it for a bit of storage or who knows, maybe it’ll just end up being a built in empty-beer-can holder.

Given the lack of seating outside the cuddy, I added a rear backrest/rod holder and seat cushion (used a fibreglass piece I cut out from the old cowling to extend the butt room a bit) which overall turned out really nice. Also altered the passenger side seat base to fit another little rear-facing butt pad in there.

After getting the boat all figured out how it rides/trims etc I got her up to 44.5 knots at just under 6000rpm, by myself with half tank of gas. Cruises nice at 28 knots, 4200rpm, burns reasonable fuel at approx 10 gal/hr if you don’t push it. (My old 4.3 I/O was consistently around 8.5-9 gal/hr with considerably less power). It’ll be a bit heavier/slower now with the hard top on, with the added weight and drag, but it’s got plenty of juice to spare.

I went a bit over my initial budget but only because I did more stuff than initially planned (of course) Given the costs of everything these days it was pretty reasonable. I did save some $ by doing the fibreglass work myself, and redid some wiring & all connections at not much cost. Was able to get a few grand back from the old motor and leg. Went with Lowrance for the electronics; Halo 20 with Elite FS9 and Point 1. Boat show deal.
I highly recommend Adventure Marine in Maple Ridge. Greg is a great guy. He did my pod, hard top, radar arch, back bar, and the filler plates. The overall quality is pretty damn good. Sure you can pick away at minor flaws (things that only I see that bother me lol) but I saw similar type of quality on $250k+ boats at the boat show. Overall I was impressed.

At the end of the day it’s a poor man’s Grady White, but I’m happy with it. I’ll post one last set of pics when the decking & canvas are done. Cheers, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
624C15B4-530B-4746-BA51-3A1B78CFE5A0.jpegDB196256-E87F-4D24-B490-95E725EE4D0D.jpegB4A23847-AE06-4E6B-B01E-3B8DD4DD002F.jpegEC8C21B1-C9FB-419A-852F-B7D78B080770.jpegA4A4C87D-EDCF-4EF1-A416-E6C2AE5899A0.jpegA7A54704-3070-4E61-9368-27091576A651.jpeg1B3B34D9-379D-40DF-ABEA-FB1B196CC862.jpegA937F52C-46A3-401B-88AD-DCA6F2AAFEB4.jpeg

Attachments

• 18120BFE-C78A-4C3E-AF27-DE443BFFDBBE.jpeg
    18120BFE-C78A-4C3E-AF27-DE443BFFDBBE.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 78
Well a boat is never “all done” but my gameplan for this reno is almost complete… Still have to get a canvas enclosure done and waiting for the Ultradeck to arrive (for the pod deck and the floor piece where motor used to be). There’s some imperfections and a few things I would tweak in hindsight, but overall I’m pretty happy.

The extra floor space in the back is great! Given that I already have built in coolers and a live well (plus access needed for bilge/pumps/etc) I just put an powder coated plate down with an access door on it and be done with it, ultradeck to follow. I may use it for a bit of storage or who knows, maybe it’ll just end up being a built in empty-beer-can holder.

Given the lack of seating outside the cuddy, I added a rear backrest/rod holder and seat cushion (used a fibreglass piece I cut out from the old cowling to extend the butt room a bit) which overall turned out really nice. Also altered the passenger side seat base to fit another little rear-facing butt pad in there.

After getting the boat all figured out how it rides/trims etc I got her up to 44.5 knots at just under 6000rpm, by myself with half tank of gas. Cruises nice at 28 knots, 4200rpm, burns reasonable fuel at approx 10 gal/hr if you don’t push it. (My old 4.3 I/O was consistently around 8.5-9 gal/hr with considerably less power). It’ll be a bit heavier/slower now with the hard top on, with the added weight and drag, but it’s got plenty of juice to spare.

I went a bit over my initial budget but only because I did more stuff than initially planned (of course) Given the costs of everything these days it was pretty reasonable. I did save some $ by doing the fibreglass work myself, and redid some wiring & all connections at not much cost. Was able to get a few grand back from the old motor and leg. Went with Lowrance for the electronics; Halo 20 with Elite FS9 and Point 1. Boat show deal.
I highly recommend Adventure Marine in Maple Ridge. Greg is a great guy. He did my pod, hard top, radar arch, back bar, and the filler plates. The overall quality is pretty damn good. Sure you can pick away at minor flaws (things that only I see that bother me lol) but I saw similar type of quality on $250k+ boats at the boat show. Overall I was impressed.

At the end of the day it’s a poor man’s Grady White, but I’m happy with it. I’ll post one last set of pics when the decking & canvas are done. Cheers, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
View attachment 91575View attachment 91576View attachment 91577View attachment 91578View attachment 91579View attachment 91580View attachment 91581View attachment 91582
Looks awesome. Love the lines on the hardtop.. see so many that miss the mark with aftermarket hardtops.

Looks awesome. Love the lines on the hardtop.. see so many that miss the mark with aftermarket hardtops.
Yeah I was worried about that. There were tweaks and slight changes along the way, and if you get up close you can see some non-symmetry. But yeah I’m glad how it turned out, I’ve seen some abominations online.

Really Nice work , that looks awesome. Looks like you did a lot of the work yourself.
Totally agree, so many of those 21’ Trophy Pro’s kicking around needing a new stern drive repowering, this is a great option.

How does the trailer feel with the new weight distribution once corrected? Is it the one you already had?

Totally agree, so many of those 21’ Trophy Pro’s kicking around needing a new stern drive repowering, this is a great option.

How does the trailer feel with the new weight distribution once corrected? Is it the one you already had?
Got a new trailer :rolleyes: The old one was pretty old & 4500lb rated and I don’t like to push it, this one is a 5200lb but it did need to shift forward on the wheelbase a good 8-10” approx

Last edited:
Really Nice work , that looks awesome. Looks like you did a lot of the work yourself.
Yeah I had to spend the $ where necessary but I like doing what I can myself, saved quite a bit on the fibreglass and misc stuff for sure.

At the end of the day it’s a poor man’s Grady White, but I’m happy with it. I’ll post one last set of pics when the decking & canvas are done. Cheers, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Well done, she looks fantastic. Very functional.

Back