Trollmaster questions

Hey I just bought a suzuki 9.9 for my boat but it is the tiller model with electric start.I was considering doing the conversion to the remote throttle so I had control of it from the drivers seat of the boat. After some phone calls it seems this is quite expensive. Just curious if anyone had any other Options? I have been lookin at the trollmaster. Would this unit hook up to my tiller model and give me throttle? Or is there more to this? I am going to just run an easy steer for steering. I don't mind starting the kicker at the back of the boat and throwing it in gear. I am just looking for a cheaper way to control throttle. Thanks very much.

I am working with an electrician to build a knock off for yamaha T8's. The are nice but hugely over priced considering all they are isa servo and a rheostat.

Great idea for any trolling motor even remote throttle models as you can fine tune them for precise speeds.

Hey I just bought a suzuki 9.9 for my boat but it is the tiller model with electric start.I was considering doing the conversion to the remote throttle so I had control of it from the drivers seat of the boat. After some phone calls it seems this is quite expensive. Just curious if anyone had any other Options? I have been lookin at the trollmaster. Would this unit hook up to my tiller model and give me throttle? Or is there more to this? I am going to just run an easy steer for steering. I don't mind starting the kicker at the back of the boat and throwing it in gear. I am just looking for a cheaper way to control throttle. Thanks very much.

Yes, the trollmaster will work fine with your outboard. I have a couple boats with them on it. Both boats use a tiller model kicker and the trollmaster works great. It may seem like an expensive purchase, but well worth it. Most of them seem to run around $250.

And if you ever need a replacement servo for it, just go to a hobby shop, (eg. remote control airplanes), as you can purchase a replacement servo for about $12 instead of the factory servo at $100.

K right on man I think I will go that route. It's half the price of the factory controls. Also the closest place I could find the parts to convert mine is Japan. I appreciate the info.

I have a Trollmaster on my current boat and it really works well. It was one of the better purchases - you can really fine tune the throttle. I have it on my Yamaha 8 HT.

The boat I just purchased has a trollmaster 2 with the dial instead of the digital. The remote control gets power but still cant get it figured out.

Another thumbs up for the TrollMaster. I've had one for several years and it's great. I recommend you always carry a spare servo as that's the weak point if there is one. They are really easy to change out. I buy them on the internet. Just Google the part number and you'll find them pretty cheap.

The boat I just purchased has a trollmaster 2 with the dial instead of the digital. The remote control gets power but still cant get it figured out.

That sounds exactly like mine. They are very simple. Going by memory, there are four controls 1) Power, 2) MFT, 3) Idle/Run, 4) Throttle Dial.

Back