Trip ideas for September?

jcon12

Hi all,

We are looking to take 7-9 days off and do a trip up the coast in early September.

There will be 3 of us travelling in a Grady White Gulfstream. We will probably try for a combination of nights at anchor and dockside hotels.

Last year we attempted desolation but the smoke was so bad we spent a week in pender.

This year its either Desolation OR head up possibly as far as river's inlet otherwise Port Hardy area.

Salmon fishing will likely be pretty slow at that time, but we do a fair amount of bottom fishing and wouldn't mind targeting some Halibut.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks as always.

Since the west coast isn't in the works for you I don't have a lot of helpful advice. Other than Desolation which is certainly beautiful. I'm curious though about how you sleep 3 in a Gulfstream? Do you set up the 3rd on that massive dance floor and what about morning dew or worst case scenario rain? The 232 is high on our list of boats but we do occasionally sleep 3 and I see that as a challenge.

Good luck with your trip planning,
Brian

There will still be fish likely around Denham Bay, Stuart Island if you're there early to mid Sept, we have caught tons of nice springs up around there that time of year.

https://denhambay.com/ nice place to tie up too...you could try dent Island but I believe they are closing up after August long weekend this year.

yes on the denham bay. stop at heriot bay inn on the way up.

Back