Buddy needed for Oct 22-29, 2022 Cuba flats trip

466EA473-8EC1-4AFC-8534-3C7FB00170B7.jpeg
This is the trip details for Oct 22-29, 2022. Now that Covid is passed I want to get back and do this trip to Cubs. The cost of this trip used to be closer to $8000 US but they are looking to get more anglers. I have space to replace 1 angler (buddies wife who fishes can’t make it now). This is purely a fly fishing trip for multiple species such as tarpon, bonefish, permit, barracuda, snook, jack, grouper, snapper, kingfish…

It is sight fishing from a boat which is the peak of exciting.

I have checked and if you don’t have the fly fishing gear, for $400 US you can rent it from the company. You guys have all the gear if I recall.

I have fished down in southern Cuba on a live aboard at Zapata during this time and the fishing was absolutely amazing. This specific location I have not fished before due to the cost… however now it is more cost manageable. The trip is for 6 days fishing. We can not bring any fish home. This is a protect park which means a lot of fish. On occasion if you catch a snapper, grouper or jack, the boat’s cook can prepare it up. Other species are for catch and release.

One could tack on additional time to stay in Varadero or elsewhere. We will be flying to the Varadero airport and the company will transport us to the boat for fishing departure.

Since we need to fill the spot, please feel free to share with others and get back to me. The date chosen fall on favorable tides.
Flight is about $1000 Cdn to Cuba from Calgary flying through Toronto to Varadero.

RATES INCLUDE:
> - Reception at the Varadero airport
> - Cayo Coco, Camagüey or Santa Clara transfer (1 GROUP transfer per way)
> - 7 nights on Jardines Avalon 2, 6 days on full board basis
> - 5.75 days fishing
> - Open Bar with Beer, Wine, Rum, Soft drinks and Water
> - Inscription fee
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
> - International flights
> - Hotels in Havana or other cities
> - Individual/additional transfers
> - Conservation fee: US$ 100 per angler, per week
> - Tips, personal expenses
TRIP DATES: October 22 - 29, 2022 DESTINATION: JARDINES DE LA REINA ACCOMMODATION: JA2 YACHT
COST PER ANGLER: US$ 4,000

Here are the links to the brochures so you see more about these destinations
https://cubanfishingcenters.com/downloads/Brochure-JA4.pdf

I also want to lock down another trip in 2023 while prices look great.

> Other dates I can get include: January 14-21, 2023
> February 25 - March 04, 2023
> March 11 - 18, 2023
Let me know. We can also do some remote fly tying nights if you were into tying. From a bucket list perspective... the Cuba trip is most likely to rise back up to $6-8000 US.

Covid has passed?

Attachments

• BAB6810E-6B75-4CA1-9B65-3F714A91BA7F.jpeg
    BAB6810E-6B75-4CA1-9B65-3F714A91BA7F.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 51
Back