Trim tabs w/zincs

How much effect would having two zincs on each trim tab have on the trim tabs performance ? Any ill effects ? What happens if one of the big square zincs were to fall off ?
image.jpg

those look like they're on the wrong side of the trim tab to me... shouldn't they be on the opposite side? think they would have less resistance there and the tab would work better...

I don't know, that's why I was asking lol. I got the boat with them, mounted that way. I would of thought that they should be on the top to, maybe there is another reason there on the bottom. The flat, round ones don't look like they would be a real issue. Those big square blocks do though. Might try to put the blocks on the top.

Put the square ones on top if you can? Or I would remove them all together and just use the flat pancake style ones. That's what they are made for. I would think those other ones definitely aren't making your boat any more efficient? Lol

I'm curious as to why the single pancake zinc is insufficient. If properly bonded, shouldn't that be plenty of sacrificial anode on each tab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will notice a HUGE difference now trim tabs are meant to be smooth and flat hence "trim tabs" block pancake whatever you want on the TOP side only never put them on the bottom more resistance,from the water rushing by.
When your up and running go take a look out the back and see how and what it looks like back there pretty cool stuff going on (of course get your buddy to steer the boat) LOL LOL

Back