What kind of zincs on Bennett Trim Tabs?

N2013

Need to stick some zincs on my tabs. What do guys use; the half-discs (R3’s I think ) mounted on the top side of the tab, or I see Martyr makes a kit specifically for Bennett’s that mount on the back using the existing actuator screws ?

The Martyr‘s attach right to those 2 screws on the back of the tab. Kinda like the idea of keeping the water under the trim tab clear. These are Bolt Electrics.

Attachments

• E96FC3A3-3426-40B0-A173-EBFC714CA231.png
    E96FC3A3-3426-40B0-A173-EBFC714CA231.png
    893.8 KB · Views: 35
The Martyr‘s attach right to those 2 screws on the back of the tab. Kinda like the idea of keeping the water under the trim tab clear. These are Bolt Electrics.
I’ve been using the kit for the last three years and they seem to be doing their job. No need to drill any holes and they’re fairly cheap to replace.
1621865927784.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been using the kit for the last three years and they seem to be doing their job. No need to drill any holes and they’re fairly cheap to replace.
View attachment 66093
get some longer bolts, the stock bolts keep the pin from floating out of the ram and your pin is soon to do that. I always just run half a rudder zinc on top of the tab to not disrupt waterflow. the zincs in this picture are so oxidized they will be ineffective. wire brush them before launching.

get some longer bolts, the stock bolts keep the pin from floating out of the ram and your pin is soon to do that. I always just run half a rudder zinc on top of the tab to not disrupt waterflow. the zincs in this picture are so oxidized they will be ineffective. wire brush them before launching.
I do the same half mounted on top

I use the Bennett kit as well. Mine seem to last a few seasons but not complaining. I’d rather see them getting used up than wonder what else is getting sacrificed. Lol

Attachments

• 67AB9DD6-4AF2-43E5-A554-2AD1AEAB5E9E.jpeg
    67AB9DD6-4AF2-43E5-A554-2AD1AEAB5E9E.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 36
Back