Transom saver?

Yes I like that option. Where did you pick up the Mywedge? I stopped into Trotac in Vic and they didn't have it and couldn't find it on the Harbour Chandlery website. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Just remember that a My Wedge is NOT a transom saver but only a trim saver. Same stress on your transom, if that's what you are worried about.
When I had an outboard boat my transom saver attached to the trailer. It carried the full weight of the motor when it was in the down position. Hard to tell from the picture and the wedge looks good but leverage is leverage, I can’t see it helping save the weight torquing on the transom.

It stops the engine bouncing... and that IS a transom saver. I have had a MyWedge for years, Will not leave home without it.

When I had an outboard boat my transom saver attached to the trailer. It carried the full weight of the motor when it was in the down position. Hard to tell from the picture and the wedge looks good but leverage is leverage, I can’t see it helping save the weight torquing on the transom.
That's another good idea. Do you have a picture or a website to show how it connects to the boat and the trailer?

That's another good idea. Do you have a picture or a website to show how it connects to the boat and the trailer?
BF258755-B94F-48BD-AD91-54CA1E58E4D3.jpeg47925AAA-6E4C-4A74-8510-5C17B1D7DA7E.jpeg
Here’s a couple of pictures close to what I had. Not the exact model, although the top one looks similar. I can’t remember what brand it was but it was around $80. I didn’t bother with the bungee cord, I just trimmed my motor down until it was tight and never had an issue with it coming loose. There’s quite a few different styles on Amazon under $75.

Last edited:
I ordered the M-y Wedge from partsvu.com south of the border and showed up no probs in about 10 days if anyone wanting one of those. Tried to find one north of border first but no luck.

Interesting topic. I’ve never really considered a transom saver. Should I? 90 Yam on Kingfisher 1825.
Also, I’ve been using the trim stand lock thing (whatever it’s called) when I tow... should I not be doing that?

Interesting topic. I’ve never really considered a transom saver. Should I? 90 Yam on Kingfisher 1825.
Also, I’ve been using the trim stand lock thing (whatever it’s called) when I tow... should I not be doing that?
The motor tilt lock is not intended for trailering.....will likely snap it.

Towed my 06’ Lund with a 175 ETec for 13 years from AB to the coast and many a gravel road in AB and into Sask and used the trim lock tab always and never had an issue. Always set it gave a bit of a suck into it and away I went. Never saw any wear or crack or any issues with it. Mind you the trim lock on those ETec’s is pretty beefy compared to others I've seen.

Last edited:
Towed my 06’ Lund with a 175 ETec for 13 years from AB to the coast and many a gravel road in AB and into Sask and used the trim lock tab always and never had an issue. Always set it gave a bit of a suck into it and away I went. Never saw any wear or crack or any issues with it. Mind you the trim lock on those ETec’s is pretty beefy compared to others I've seen.
Good to know. Thx. I think I best be smart and consult the manual after all.

I believe the lock on etecs (at least mine anyways) are actual trailer supports and recommended for trailering in the manual. Most other engines do not have a trailer bracket - only a trim support which is NOT recommended for trailering in the manual.

Back