Transducer Recommendations

You gotta spend big bucks to get a better transducer than the p66. Have you played around with the placement of the p66? Mine wasn't working that well at first and I just moved it probably 1/2" and it made a world of difference.

You van get thruhulls for an inexpensive price. Won't be doing chirp, but who cares. Neither does the 66.

As Corey L. says above: location of the P66 is everything.... .and last but not least, the quality of the sonar module that is firing it

I have other more sophisticated bigger money transducers on my boat but the P66 with REz-Boost is definitely my favorite...get Chirp-like crispness in your targets with a $ 75 transducer

5F265189-35AA-4029-82AC-9A70CF7D69CE.jpeg

location location tilt n trim .....make sure it's in the right spot and adjust until you get it ....... you using 50 or 200 makes a big difference as well ??? show us pic's where and how it's mounted?

The P66’s I have used on all my boats are awesome. I use Lowrance HDS units but if the transducer is placed right and set at 50khz it’s deadly for finding bait and salmon themselves. I love watching “streakers” appear and hit my gear. It’s all about placement and settings.

(And I also have a 1 kHz medium chirp throughhull Airmar transducer which I do use for deeper water looking for pinnacles and bait while travelling but the P66 is a great transducer)

Thanks everyone, I'll try and get a pic up. I get really good depth recording even at moderate speed . I followed the installation instructions and feel that placement likely isn't the culprit. I'll check what khz it's set and and play with the settings a bit

Back