To use plugs or not to use plugs???

ummm i think right its nothing bright for springs and in the summer it was whie plugs(but that was last year for white)

ummm i think right its nothing bright for springs and in the summer it was whie plugs(but that was last year for white)

The plugs i use the most are old luckie louies with good suceess and lyman wooden plugs the best bet is to get them at garage sales i have a buddy who goes all the time and he always finds me those great old ones look for plugs that have a lot of teeth marks in them(there proven). The best one i have is so beat up it used to be white with a pearl stripe on it.Those 2 plugs that i have described have a hole in the center of it so you tie it directly to the line with a small eye bead chain with a split ring then I use a 5/0 single we used to use a tandum treble set up but now we use a big single because of the barb hook rule. If you do use tomic make sure you "PULL" the pins out and run the same hook set up the reason why if you snag on bottom or break the fish off it will float to the surface so you dont loose your favorite plug. also with a tomic i put a small plastic bead in front of the bead chain so the knot isnt hitting on the bottom of a tomic plug and damaging the line good luck Wolf

The plugs i use the most are old luckie louies with good suceess and lyman wooden plugs the best bet is to get them at garage sales i have a buddy who goes all the time and he always finds me those great old ones look for plugs that have a lot of teeth marks in them(there proven). The best one i have is so beat up it used to be white with a pearl stripe on it.Those 2 plugs that i have described have a hole in the center of it so you tie it directly to the line with a small eye bead chain with a split ring then I use a 5/0 single we used to use a tandum treble set up but now we use a big single because of the barb hook rule. If you do use tomic make sure you "PULL" the pins out and run the same hook set up the reason why if you snag on bottom or break the fish off it will float to the surface so you dont loose your favorite plug. also with a tomic i put a small plastic bead in front of the bead chain so the knot isnt hitting on the bottom of a tomic plug and damaging the line good luck Wolf

Yes the lodge goes up in early april there is nothing to tie up to in glacier bay a couple of year ago the mountain gave way a made a hell of a mess up there i would have no clue where to anchor up i think there still is a log boom tie up at the amotye but please dont quote me on that if you go good luck there is a ton of fish up there Wolf

Edited by - wolf on 03/04/2004 20:16:34

Yes the lodge goes up in early april there is nothing to tie up to in glacier bay a couple of year ago the mountain gave way a made a hell of a mess up there i would have no clue where to anchor up i think there still is a log boom tie up at the amotye but please dont quote me on that if you go good luck there is a ton of fish up there Wolf

Edited by - wolf on 03/04/2004 20:16:34

Back