Time for a New Reel

Actually, I bought 2 new Amundsens yesterday but have an old reel that may fit what Randy's looking for. Never hurts to have a spare reel around (especially if it's an Islander)

Actually, I bought 2 new Amundsens yesterday but have an old reel that may fit what Randy's looking for. Never hurts to have a spare reel around (especially if it's an Islander)

Nice - Derby got you on board with the Amundsen last minute!

I haven't fished one, but they sure feel nice... identical footprint to an MR3.

Nice - Derby got you on board with the Amundsen last minute!

I haven't fished one, but they sure feel nice... identical footprint to an MR3.

Yes, they seem very nice and with good price and service at PNT, I was sold. Side by side with the MR3, you need to look at the name (and price tag) to tell the difference. I'd have loved to buy 2 Islanders but can't justify the cost.

a93486089f78bf02dadc229c9fde9315.jpg

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app...

My abels have been unreal! Only way to go... smooth and don't pulse when dropping down. Larger arbour then islander mr3 etc. Sold all my islanders except my lx 4.8s and swapped over to abels

Ya they blow up in short time. Best thing to do is ask someone at your local shop that wouod know about returns. Ask them how many get returned. Was gonna pick few up for dad for xmas and anyone that either has em and any tackle ship guys said many many returns. Sometimes paying little more for reels ywou will get more then double life out of them. U get what u pay for.... QUOTE=Whole in the Water;392635]This is the reel http://www.rapala.ca/products/shift-mooching

Anybody know anything about it?[/QUOTE]

Have lots buddies that have tried the amundsons and every one took em back with issues..
care to enlighten us on the issues????

as which model and the newer reels are being run now and have not heard any bad feedback?
my TMX4's of which i have 3 have have had no problems other than a over zealous amount of grease on the new drag's
and i had one buddie who's paddle post came lose that's been it for my friends

Was asking about the new TMX4 at IO and was told that they have had quality issues with numerous returns. If you want details go there and ask them.

Island Outfitters does not sell and I don't believe ever has sold the new TMX4, so I am not sure how they can comment on it. I know they sold the earlier versions when some of the bugs were being worked out with getting things as they want them from manufacturer, so I'm sure they saw some returns of that version. And in fairness to Amundson, I have never heard of a warranty repair or replacement denied.

The guys at pnt sold tons of the tmx 4s and they told me they had very few problems or returns. I was also informed that there will be a new amundson mooching reel coming out sometime in March. I saw some pics and I think it will be worth looking at.

Back