Tiller handle to remote control box conversion

sames14

Anybody done this before. I want to convert my 2014, 20 hp merc from tiller to control box. Just need to convert throttle and shifter. Steering is not a problem to convert.

Sorry to high jack but I'm about to start the same project, 2015 merc 9.9 pro. Wonder where the best place to order the control box and cables and how many pin connector do I have. Electric tilt and start on mine manual choke

I can give you guys parts availability and pricing but need the engine serial numbers

The 20 hp is a ELHPT

You guys both should have a 14 pin harness at the front of the engine. Seeing how they are both electric start models. Need to confirm though. If not can buy the harness assembly that will plug into the wiring Harness. Since both of these engines are tohatsu made. It's fairly modular

Mercury does not sell the kit with all the parts to convert. However tohatsu does.

@sames14 281.00 plus tax on the conversion kit. Then you need a control box and cables. Need to know if you have the plug in inside your engine

650 plus tax on control boxes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I do have a Merc. 1996 Control box with power tilt. I was just thinking about throttle and shift hookup for now. Steering to console is an easy fix.

Thanks for the info. I do have a Merc. 1996 Control box with power tilt. I was just thinking about throttle and shift hookup for now. Steering to console is an easy fix.

You can use an old style control box, however I will not plug into control start, or power trim. Unless you buy the harness adapter that goes from old style to the new 14pin mercury plug in.

Back