Thousands of 10-pound Atlantic salmon, catch as many as you want!

Well this pole currently is telling a different story about how the public views salmon farming in bc. Id like that post far more if I could but it only allows me to like it once. lol

The whole point is that the public is not aware of the potential dangers as and threat to wild salmon as discussed at length in this thread. The numbers in the pole really highlight how far we have to go to get these polluting pens out of our waters.

Heres another chromer caught in brentwood bay! Looks like it was caught in a gill net.
21271288_1778506985510980_2394009424692693798_n.jpg

Heres another chromer caught in brentwood bay! Looks like it was caught in a gill net.
View attachment 35128

One of the best thing to happen and worst for your industry.

There isn't a gill net opening in that area. Great we have Atlantics swimming in an extremely sensitive area for the Cowichan Chinook which will anger the Cowichan band, and many others that spent years on the river trying to get the numbers up. It is actually great it showed up in Brentwood. Man its not good PR for you guys right now hate to say.

I don't know between court cases with Fraser bands and concerns from Cowichan on chinook survival you got a huge PR problem you may not be able to shake off.

One of the best thing to happen and worst for your industry.

There isn't a gill net opening in that area. Great we have Atlantics swimming in an extremely sensitive area for the Cowichan Chinook which will anger the Cowichan band, and many others that spent years on the river trying to get the numbers up. It is actually great it showed up in Brentwood. Man its not good PR for you guys right now hate to say.

I don't know between court cases with Fraser bands and concerns from Cowichan on chinook survival you got a huge PR problem you may not be able to shake off.

Just to add I believe these are from gillnet that usually is set across Goldstream by the Brentwood first nations. It should be up in front of goldstream by now. I don't know for sure but I saw the pic online and was from first nation fisherman who posted it.

Pretty huge difference between introduced and farmed bro
Farmed is domesticated and does far worse in the wild than introducing a premium specimen with hopes of reproducing naturally. Ya big difference there.

Farmed is domesticated and does far worse in the wild than introducing a premium specimen with hopes of reproducing naturally. Ya big difference there.

What? Care to explain that statement? Do introduced species get penned in feedlots....fed pellets....fed antibiotics?

Ya I think your on a stretch there birdie, and I'm not saying introduced is a good thing but we can't do anything about historical practices. We CAN do something about fish farms.

I'm out, this whole bullshite just pisses me off to no end.

Carry on

Back