Thousands of 10-pound Atlantic salmon, catch as many as you want!

Good point, bones. I am assuming there was a ramp-up of number of farms, biomass, and egg imports from 72-90?

Maybe reference GLG's post: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...otecting-wild-salmon.63124/page-2#post-788327
Maybe if the author included this data it would blow a giant butt hole in the fish farms are responsible for declining numbers. Anyway you look at it its bogus info. This kind of info is exactly what Morton provides and the public is no wiser........I was just saying the other day it August where is Morton's video?

Deflection.
Not a great tactic for discussions.

Im not deflecting at all. I am using the agent as and example of why where are having the debate and how some salmon advocates apposed to salmon farming are presenting their case. Essentially this is why we are having the discussion. I am nearly pointing out that the agent has not highlighted problems with salmon ranching really at all. Not with articles, not with papers, pretty much nothing other than a nod of his head that salmon ranching is an issue. The same can be said of most wild salmon advocates.

As the agent likes to point out we have discussed extensively for years all the issues wild salmon advocates like to highlight weather they hold water or not. I'm over it but agent and others will continue to repeat their beliefs by repeating the same old stuff. I on the other hand am bringing up something about the debate which gets little attention. That is all.

That is a pretty nice fish at 1:18 and certainly isn't the image that activist want to portray.

That is a pretty nice fish at 1:18 and certainly isn't the image that activist want to portray.

21078345_1404484246296665_173786679331738109_n.jpg

YUM!! Looks super tasty.

I was invited for dinner at fish camp .Around the tent of the host it was said we are having deep fried pawns.What wasn't said was the bodys of the prawn to to be taken home.The heads were deep fried and was I to be heart broken?foods food and you might never get to expiriance some great coookin.pardon the pun.Not many of us have been so hungery that they might enjoy the table fare.

I'm with AP on this. These fish look disgusting. I think it takes a perfect Elignment of the stars to find a decent looking Atlantic.

I read this thread once in a while and its the same old rhetoric out of the Bird. Nothing really new to add over several years. Science on the other hand, seems to be making life tougher for these farms as more beliefs and suspicions become facts. The public appetite for this garbage, and environmental damage to the environment and our wild stocks is lessening. People don't want this anymore.
The only people the buy this stuff are those that don't know the difference and think they are making a good choice. The industry rides on the coat tails of BC's reputation for having great wild salmon, so they advertise it as such by calling it Fresh BC Atlantic Salmon. Leaving the word 'farmed' out on purpose for good reason....

Thats a bar of chrome as far a atlantics are concerned. This is from the video of sport caught salmon.
IMG_1103.PNG
And these are from a commercial catch. All nothing like what you choose to see Andrew. Im sure we will se a lot more of these. I suspect that some activist is out there franticly trying to suppress this reality. lol
cpt116422310-jpg.jpg

Thats a bar of chrome as far a atlantics are concerned. This is from the video of sport caught salmon.
View attachment 35122
And these are from a commercial catch. All nothing like what you choose to see Andrew. Im sure we will se a lot more of these. I suspect that some activist is out there franticly trying to suppress this reality. lol
View attachment 35123

Ok, obviously we have different 'beliefs' when looking at the same picture. I believe I can see 4 with deformed mouths in that picture...and the rest is hard to tell from the angle that the fish are lying.

Of the 3 caught in Sechelt...1 clearly is deformed.

Whom said they were fom sechelt?Lois river under the falls have been holden a simuler strain of steelhead for years.Yes I belive the atlntic DNA will more breed with the cutty and the steeelybefore the salmon.True cross breeding of salmon was done at rosewall creek with coho chinook ,we like to forget that too.

Sooooo, you are implying that by friday that they had caught all of the escaped fish and these were the only 3 fish that were mutants. That makes perfect sense.
No just asking out of 300,000 could we see a different photo other than the one pictured on page 2 of this thread

Back