Thoughts on a 2009 Double Eagle

on this forum, buy/sell... My buddy is looking for a DE . page 3.. Sorry . The boat is mint

Sculpin here is one for you to offer your opinion on, check out Nanaimo Craigslist under LUND boat. The 20 footer (2007 model year) from Maple Ridge. What do you think of this boat? I mean it has more room, bigger hp (aluminum smile!)
Is it a more seaworthy boat than the DE 17 footer? What do you think about price (this boat new would be?) anything else you would like to throw out there that I should be aware of when I talk to owner?

Hey thanks!
Weston

hey again KCW I am new to this and when I go to the buy sell forum it lists real old ads? Can you be more specific in how I can get to this ad? are you saying you're saying your friend is "looking for a DE" or is he "selling one"? sorry but I am not sure your meaning?
Hey thanks!
Weston

He's talking about this one:

Came across this listing on craigs list over the weekend.

2007 18ft Double Eagle 185 (2007 was the last year the original Double Eagle family made these boats).
Double Eagle is recognized to have one of the best open water deep-v hull designs in the Pacific Northwest and is one of the most solid and safest boats on the water.

-2007 EZ Loader Trailer.
-2007 Yamaha 150hp 4 stroke(only 94hrs).
-Over sized fuel tank.
-Cuddy Cabin.
-Dual batteries with battery switch
-Garmin GPS/depth sounder.
-ICON Dual Station VHF.
-Swim Plat form.
-2 Captian chairs.
-2 Scotty electric down riggers.
-1 original factory fiberglass base with storage Sleeper Seat(shown in pistures)
-Full canvas with sloping rear drop curtain and full camper style rear canvas.
-Clarion marine stereo with 4 clarion marine speakers.
-Anchor with rope & chain rode.
-All service records from Galeon Marine.

Please let know if you have any questions

Asking $35,000 Ph# 604-817-5396 Email: kent @ skana . com

Hi Vaniilagator, I bought it in Langley the guys here on the island didn't want to deal.
Base price was high 35's with a 150 4 stroke Yamaha. If I remember right. I've killed a few million brain cells since then......
The motor was new old stock. Boat was new.
Was a very good deal. Boat show special.
They are extremely hard to find and they sell instantly, if you do find one don't dick around it will be gone.
Both the 17.5 and 185.
I mentioned that I might upgrade to a 206 and I had two guys wanting to take the 185 off my hands within 2 days.
Hourstons are real good boats also.
PM me if you want to go for a spin.
Its a great boat for what I do.
Dan.

Whoa 90 is perfect. I have the 16 and it has a 60 I get 20-27knots with two people at max. How fast do you want to go do the 90.... 100+ is overkill and too heavy once you ad a four stroke kicker. I see this is a lot in area I fish. Nothing worse with transom super low in the water. Smaller motor less fuel. If you go to a 18 then maybe.....

High Five

X2. My buddy has a 17 DE and is running a 90 on it and it's perfect for that boat. Weight is a big thing especially when dealing with fourstrokes. Boat transoms, pods, etc. are usually designed for a certain weight of outboard not just horsepower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see DE update the transom like the one in the picture.

View attachment 3222

I think alot of folks would like to see the DE line upgraded. Hell Hourston did it a few years ago with their Swiftsure model. IMO DE's are like dinosaurs in the boat world. I know I will be blasted for that comment lol:p

They are good boats for sure. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it:cool:

Wow don't you find that 90 heavy for that size. You would be better with the 60 like I have. I think 50 is too small.

High Five

It's a two stroke, so it's not as heavy as a four stroke [the boat's rated to handle a 115, which I think is crazy in terms of weight & speed]. But along with my four stroke 8hp Yamaha kicker, it is a little on the heavy side. That's why I am thinking a 60 or 70 when it's re-power time. I'm glad to hear your 60 moves it nicely. I agree with you, 20-27 knots is all the speed I really need. I'd rather see some fuel economy as that 90 slurps, especially at full throttle! I think that new Yamaha F70 might be the ticket, at only 260 lbs. That's a fair bit less than my 90 two stroke, which is about 300-310 lbs. I've thought about an E-Tec too. The 60 is about 240-250 lbs. Any word on the how the E-Tec 60 has been in terms of performance and reliability? The Yamaha F70 has received good reviews.

My buddy repowered with the F70 2 years ago and he's really happy.
It's much lighter than the 90 and he gets 25 knots on his 17' boat.
10K will get you one ! :eek:

Malibu tyee is another option for you if you are looking for a DE hull design at a reasonable price. My Neighbor paid more cash for his 16 foot DE and is only running a 50 hp on it.

Really wish this boat design had a cuddy option though.

Back