Thormamby area

Matt16

Going to Thormamby next week on vacation. I understand Epsom Pt, Sangster fish well. Any suggestions? PM me if you're more comfortable that way.

Epsom Pt has been a hot spot for decades. Low slack and the following flood are good times to fish. Look on the chart west and southwest of the navigation beacon and you will see where the bottom ramps up quickly from 150 ft to 40 ft. The flood pushes bait fish up against this ramp and the salmon go after the concentration of bait.

I've just had three good afternoons in a row jigging springs on the flood, lots of anchovies around. It's gonna get crazy busy next week once retention is permitted.

Go into bucaneer marina and get the guys to set you up for some live bait fishing off epsom anchor up in 80-140’ around the described area.
Yes to this. Last place on the coast that reliably keeps live herring. They sell herring tie ups as well. Relaxing way to fish. And of you want to get back on the troll, it's a good opportunity to experiment with cut plugging.

Back