The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Thanks for the Heads up HT, but not my traps !
I haven't set a trap out on the Straight since the commis were giving the go ahead and one of them emptied it (I think May) !
When I was last at t10 I had two newbees with me and while I was at the back of the boat, and a newbe at the helm he didnt watch the depth and we ran the canon balls on the shallow (balls down at 65 and dept was 40 .......wow we had a mess). and it might have looked like I was putting out traps LOL
Nop not mine but thanks again for the heads up.

In fact here is the standing deal everyone !

IF YOUR AT THE T10 AND YOU FIND A FLOAT AND TRAP WITH MY BOAT NAME OR NUMBER ON IT ... GO A HEAD AND KEEP IT , ITS A GIFT FROM ME LOL

The floats did say SIRVIVOR II on them ........ do you guys know each other?? If so maybe let him know before he gets hooked.

HT

Hit my first 2 and only tyees ever , last year at 37 feet . Top rods away from the flash of the dummy and bottom rod flasher. big hoochy uv white. Good fight when you hit them at that depth.

pi** me off just over cooked the sockeye on the bbq while reading stuff on here - gotta learn when you are on the bbq,.... you are on the bbq!

pi** me off just over cooked the sockeye on the bbq while reading stuff on here - gotta learn when you are on the bbq,.... you are on the bbq!

it's so easy to overcook a sockeye! I did the same last night. 10 minutes per inch and that's it!

cheers

What might one expect to find on the Sept 10/11 weekend? Pinks and the odd chinook? I'd love to get my step-dad out in my new old boat for one last trip of the summer. Haven't fished there much despite growing up in Richmond.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone out today at all? I think I'm going to head out for a couple hours tomorrow afternoon
bell-north arm? or north arm -t10? or farther south?
limited for time now that its getting darker earlier

It apparently was pretty nasty out there today, blowing 18+ in the am. There were some socs caught but in those conditions its not really a good read. I may go out tommorrow afternoon for a bit . Morning is supposed to be a bit blowy. Wednesday looks even worse. Thursday /Friday looks like back to light winds

Hey Greg don't burn another, see you out this weekend , keep the reports rolling in. Hope the springs are lurking around.

I launched at MacDonald Beach at about 2:45pm and stopped fishing at 5pm today. Ended up with 6 pinks and 2 sockeye just off the north arm. Used bubblegum pink mini hootchies with a red flasher on one rod and a blue flasher on the other. Dummy flashers only on one cannonball. Lost probably 4 fish and all hits were while travelling west. Winds died down and I found it not bad out there during our time. Had 2 rookies and my brother with me. They had a blast, lots of horsing in the fish, I would have loved to see them with a 20+ Chinook on. Maybe next time.

The floats did say SIRVIVOR II on them ........ do you guys know each other?? If so maybe let him know before he gets hooked.

HT

I am both Sir-Vivor and Sir-Vivor II (first boat and my new boat) , long time ago someone stole my traps and float, if you run accross it next time take the trap and floats its yours, I never set my crab traps at t10 and only set them at the north arm.
Again, not mine and dont know the idiot setting in that area , so again take the trap LOL (I hope I come across it I would take it forsure).
Some of those guys out there have balls ......

I was out and got my 4 fish pretty quick at the North Arm. I turned my attention to springs and even though the charter guys were into them I never had a sniff. I did havea few big sox on that I could have told a guest on my boat were springs.lol

Played some catch and release with pinks at the north arm yesterday. Lots of fun but no sox. Moved over to t-10 and it was dead out there. On to sandheads where I found a few large schools but none were biting.

Could've had my limit of pinks in half an hour at the north arm but my freezer is full. I'll make room if I can find a few sockeye though;)

There was commercial crab boat out two weekends ago called Sirvivor II.

That is odd, I have had the name for over 20 years miss spelt as SIR-VIVOR (correct spelling as you know is SURVIVOR ) Then this year with my new to me boat called it SIR-VIVOR II HA
I have never seen any commercial boats with the name (especially the way I have it and registered) . But hect maybe the commercial guy who stole my trap decided to change his name to match the stolen trap he got , odd real odd eh .
99.9 % of the commercial fleet guys are great guys but that . 01 % are the butt holes so be it as it may .i

Hope I didn't offend any of my commercial buddies, if so, Sorry dudes !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out and got my 4 fish pretty quick at the North Arm. I turned my attention to springs and even though the charter guys were into them I never had a sniff. I did havea few big sox on that I could have told a guest on my boat were springs.lol

Hey BM,
Where were the guide fishing the springs ?

I'll be out there thursday morning crazy early, so if any of you see a couple guys losing fish after fish in a whaler outrage with t-top, hail me on 88a -"Tenderloins"...

Iam coming from Nanaimo Sept 16 to steal the big springs in vancouver... I wont fail, thats my grounds.

Iam coming from Nanaimo Sept 16 to steal the big springs in vancouver... I wont fail, thats my grounds.

Welcome, thats a switch eh boys !

Welcome to the .... Ummm shall I start it "Salmon Capital of the Mainland" ......

Come and bring your friends and family and keep it safe and go get'em RT !

Back