The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

It's goin' to be a gong show tomorrow... take pics of the chaos...lol.

Was out today fishing t 10 to north arm. Ended with 1 sock and 7 pinks. lost a bunch with some bad netting. took out 2 guys who have
no real fishing experience so they had a blast. Also had neighbour say he'd clean my fish if he could have a pink. hes asian and an exec. chef and he loves the pink salmon. I said have at er. the fish were boiling the water this evening just south of the north arm. heard of a 20 red caught at the bell. out sunday

sweet bite off the north arm today, doubles and triples were the norm. Wife and I limited out pretty quick, saved one slot for a spring and it paid off. Passed in by the bell to the mile marker, and hit a screamer on the way back towards the north arm. Landed a strong fighting red just south of the bell. Green glo flash and teaser with 6" chovy. Fun day of fishing, thought I was getting sealed at one point with that spring, what a scrap. See you out on the water.

got a 20 lb white at the bellbouy at 4:30 on a ten foot leader purple haze teaser solo. What an ordeal!! 1 nice 9ish sock, a couple lost netting. two pinks, lots let go. Great day!!

Great day on the water.
Started off slow in the am at north arm moved to t10 where it was just as slow....so motored south to Sandheads.
Bite came on for us around 11 with several quad and several triples hookups.
Ended up with 6 sox between us that we kept and probably released at least twice that many pinks.
Just before we left at 3 we had another sox quad hookup all of which released long before they got near the boat....strange.....
Most fun fishing Ive had in a long time.

Great day on the water. I was fishing west of the hooter in what appeared to be no mans land but hooked into too many pinks to count but no sox for me. Did manage a dog shark on a mini pink. Can't say I've done that before! Anyone have any ideas about trolling for pinks other than using a flasher. Maybe dummy flashers with a 5wt flyrod in the rigger and a pink fly?

Hey Wopper I was at the Hooter but caught Nada so I went to the south arm (right side) where there were mega boats looked like a marine parking lot, but limited out in very short order with 3 pink and one really nice sockeye.
I was at the Hooter area (west of it) for most of the morning and boy it was hard to keep the downriggers functioning properly , also there was a ton of garbage in the water and when I left was getting lumpy, but it was nice where I limited out.
Hey if any of you guys was the guy who yelled NET to me while my net and the fish was slipping into the water when I was looking the other way , thanks !
Because of you I got the net and the fish back thanks again bro !!!!!!

Left Bridgeview at 10 this morning with my 2 teenagers who are pretty green to fishing so it was time to take them out.
We had a great day out at Sandheads, boated 3 socs and 3 pinks all double headers, kids loved it.
Probably lost double then what we caught but they have to learn somehow...
I must say, I was never a big fan of dummy flashers as I bought 3 koners about 3 years ago, they sat in the tackle box collecting dust, I thought it was a waste of $140.
Today we were trolling with a single flasher for 2 hours with nothing then I decided to throw my koner on one of the balls.
Not even 10 minutes later it was bang, bang and it continued until we left, I guess they work.
How long are these fish going to stick around for?

Hey wopper, you could try a dummy flasher with an anchovie in a krippled teaser head 6ft above. Anything with it's own action will work with a dummy flasher. Pinks absolutely love anchovies.

Great few hours for our boat today, started at 1 finished by 4, 1 forgot their license , 4 sox, 3 pink, 1- 18 spring for lucky lady as the last fish ...... then to make MY DAY REAL GOOdeD ! A couple of BEAUTIFUL young ladies were standing up on surf like boards ,at the North Arm heading for I'm a WRECK beach, Boarding with paddles NO TOPS ON ! NICE ! Wanted to do circles around them but my guests figured against it hahahaha to funny. Lost a number, had some great laughs all 45 to 75 feet pink squirts again, lots of attractors though ! Good fishing right now ! HT

I saw u out there survivor 2! I caught a couple pinks early but also had trouble with the riggers. I hooked into most of mine between noon and 1 in about 400 ft of water. All in all a good day. Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna see if I can find some of those wiggle fins. Cheers!

Still processing fish, crazy bite today. Mostly all big sockeye , had one at 10 lbs, many at 8-9 lbs. Limited out for 2 friends plus the wife and I . My wife's backwards dodger with 2 mini flashers attached to the ball which it hits as it rotates , gets hit first every time.

Hey Guy's dont forget to toss some small pink buzz bombs at those pinks on trout rods...now that is a hoot!
we just find some porposeing and wait for them to come to the boat and start buzzing...good fun.

Cheers,

getbent

Fished yesterday with the wife. Started at North Arm amongst an army of boats. Had a couple shakers a 2 dog fish. Pulled the gear and moved to T-10 for more shakers and dog fish. Made the long run down to South Arm around 10:30 AM. Got the lines down and for 3 hours of sold action. Boated several Socks and tried to avoid, but still got lots of Pinks. Landed our first quad getting all four to the boat. Not bad for only having 2 in the boat. Finished up at T-10 for another 45 minutes of non-stop action. All in all a great day on the water.

Fished south arm yesterday. 8 am until 3:30. Got 9 pinks but only 1 soceye. Bight came on at low slack tide. 39' was best depth. Nice and steady after about 1:30. Water was great. Stayed over friday nite in steveston

We hit t-10 on our way to sandheads today but limited out in 3 hours. 3 HUGE sox and 5 pinks. (kept 4 of the pinks)

We weighed all our fish at the dock and here is how they looked for reference.

#1 Pink, 4lbs 3oz
#2 Pink 5lbs, 1oz
#3 Sox 11lbs, 12 oz
#4 Sox 11lbs, 2 oz
#5 Sox 10lbs 0oz
#6 Pink 3lbs, 8oz
#7 Pink 4lbs, 2oz
#8 Pink approx 3lbs and released.

I can't believe how big these sox are. Much bigger than what i was seeing last summer. Smoker is fired up for the pinks and sockeye is going to be BBQ with Lemon, Dill and salt/pepper.

Great day for fishing in the Vancouver area.

A pic of the catch.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sox and pinks aug 28.jpg
    sox and pinks aug 28.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 151
Back