The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Maybe there is no sticky because in 14 pages the only picture posted up is of ONE SALMON CHEEK. :p ;)

Maybe at a quick glance it would appear as though there are no salmon in Vancouver??? :eek:

I emailed The web Master asking to sticky this thread.. here's my email and his response.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi FloatingAroundDrinkinBeer,

The search function on the forum works great for this.

Cheers,
Chris

=============================
Webmaster,
Sport Fishing BC

phone (cell): 250-483-5682
email: webmaster@sportfishingbc.com
web: www.sportfishingbc.com

On 2011-04-20, at 4:06 PM, wrote:

Hey Chris thanks it works great.. question for you who do I have to sleep with around there to get the “<image001.png>The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread “ Sticky noted to the top of the page.? Lots of people on that forum mentioned that this would be a nice to have as we spend a bit of time scrolling up and down looking for it.

Let me know

Many Thanks

FloatingAroundDrinkinBeer

Last edited by a moderator:
This entire forum is biased towards Vancouver Island.
Completely untrue-there is no bias here at all.

The preponderance of Salmon fishing experience in BC is centred on/in/around Vancouver Island so it stands to reason that a majority of posts are about Vancouver Island Salmon fishing and many anglers from the Island post here-that is not bias it is fact.

You can always start you own little corner of creation like fishingenglishbayonsunnyafternoonskillingabunchofbrewsandchokingdownfattieswhilecatchingsfa.org how much traffic do you think it would attract?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to the start of this thread...funny how this particular thread WON'T and HASN'T ACHIEVED STICKY STATUS and been pinned to the top by the moderators.......tons of good discussion, traffic, reports and contribution on this thread relative to the Nanaimo Thread right now...

That's ok Vancouver guys, if you get out fishing, POST YOUR REPORTS ON HERE! Maybe typing in CAPS will GET THE MODERATORS ATTENTION!!! LOL...

(Sorry for the shouting guys!)

Are you not capable of scrolling down or at worst clicking next page? Our area is not a sticky and nobody seems to care.

Maybe there is no sticky because in 14 pages the only picture posted up is of ONE SALMON CHEEK. :p ;)

Maybe at a quick glance it would appear as though there are no salmon in Vancouver??? :eek:

I would like to "turn the other cheek" in reply but unfortunately that picture was mine and the frickin seal ate the other cheek and the balance of the fish. Our time will come for fish in Vancouver ... unfortunately, it just didn't come last weekend or the weekend before or ...

As they say, it's called fishing and not catching (and fortunately there still is sockeye in the freezer).

I would like to "turn the other cheek" in reply but unfortunately that picture was mine and the frickin seal ate the other cheek and the balance of the fish. Our time will come for fish in Vancouver ... unfortunately, it just didn't come last weekend or the weekend before or ...

As they say, it's called fishing and not catching (and fortunately there still is sockeye in the freezer).

Hahaha.....soon enough Teja; soon enough things will be heating up. Hoping to get out myself this weekend....Saturday looks like it's going to be a great day with little wind forecasted; haven't looked at tides yet though.

I was hoping to make it out there as well this weekend. I've been working on my boat too, so I haven't been out in a while. I hope to have everything good to go for the weekend. Hope to see you guys out there.

Its looking like the winds will be light and variable for friday and saturday so I am hoping to spend some time out there around Bowen and the Q/A.
Are there any predictions as to which time of day or which tide should be most productive?
Hopefully we will be catching rather than just fishing.
See you out there.

Bias and fact can be one and the same. I'm not denying Vancouver Island anything! :) :)

I'll be putting in a session over at Porlier tomorrow afternoon and possible on Saturday as well. Hope to have a decent report come early next week. Hope the easter bunny brings calm seas and tight lines.

I will be out over the long weekend, I need to stay close to a bar because I want to see the Nucks hopefully not **** the bed on saturday night. Night in Gibsons or Bowen. Thinking south of Bowen or a little farther out. Any reports guys??

I will be out over the long weekend, I need to stay close to a bar because I want to see the Nucks hopefully not **** the bed on saturday night. Night in Gibsons or Bowen. Thinking south of Bowen or a little farther out. Any reports guys??

Windy...
Slow...(kinda like the way the Canucks are playing right now)
Spotty... (nothing to show for the effort except for small fish)

Uncharacteristically slow for this time of year...

How's that for an enthusiastic report?! :)

Crappy...(just realized the game is Sunday) hoping its like Jesus...die today, but rise on Sunday. I may head for Deep Cove. Any reports from there? Crabbing will be good!

Mudguts crabbing will be excellent in that area! dropped my pots there two days ago and let them soak for 3 hours. Counted 20 keepers between the two!

First blood in the new boat

The skunk is off the boat:)
Out early this am and ran out to the QA.
Was rewarded with a 15 pounder.
On an anchovy at about 80 ft about a mile or so west of the QA at 8:30.
Stomach was stuffed with chovies same size as I was using.
No other action....but there was a limit of crab in the trap.

Nice fish Kristo. Was it red? How's the new boat working?

The boat is working great...the to do list is pretty much complete.
The fish took a 5 inch anchovy and had about 1/2 dozen of same size in stomach undigested.
The meat was orange not marbled, not red.

Back