The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Of course just as I was leaving a guy rolls up and limits out in the first drop of the gear. Good time to be hitting the fishery, see you on the water.

Yes, that was me ..... only fished 15 -20 min. (not including fight time) some days it happens quickly ! ..... right place at the right time I guess. The bonus is I got home so quickly it was hardly noticed I was gone !

Hey Alure nice work , wish I stayed out longer . hit up the hump late this morning and did a drift troll back towards the QA did not have any takers today , packed it up once the 5 footers started to roll in . Could not believe how the new boat handled the big water. Will hit it again tomorrow .

It s a 07 2359 trophy pilot house 24 foot, new name is Solowey , first boat I named . Trophy Wife is up for sale with the name, hear its bad luck to change name so always rolled with the name on the boat. Just working out some issues still on the new one, but what a sweet ride. Just need some salmon to hit the deck.

Out on Sunday from 8 am to 2:30pm nice and flat water in the am with a little chop towards the end of the day.
Double header at about 1:30 with 4 lines down...either a monster salmon or a seal stole the fish right when the release tripped, pealed off 200 yards in notime flat,the reel was screaming, rods bouncing....mucho excitement
The large salmon/seal came off and released a undersize.
Saw about 15 boats scattered around Bowen/QA and witnessed one other fish boated.
Settled for 3 crab at the end of the day.

Was out yesterday (Sunday am) near the QA and boated 3 in the mid teens. Got lucky today from what I heard. Had decent amount of legal crab in the trap as well. All about 160'

Out today for a few hours, fishing south of Bowen / QA. One hit only. Turned out to be a nice spring in the low teens.

Green/white Coyote, green flasher @ 130 ft.

Saw another boat near us net a fish too. Great day on the water!

Thats fantastic man ! You should start a charter business lol Mind if I ask how long a leader and how fast you were trolling? BTW I had to change from Brisco to Blackmax because I couldn't get in to this new site.

Haha! Had my day in the sun yesterday, but yes it was nice to get some action. We were trolling around 2 mph and leader was 5 1/2 feet with real bullet roll.

The boat is still shiny and hope to get out this Fri and or Sat. No problems with the mods at all , I have changed from Telus to Shaw cable internet . I used to have a blacklab called Max. I've been building up my race car all winter and its pretty much done so back to fishing, I'm embarrassed to say I still have about 10lbs of sockeye in the freezer and my wife is giving me heck for going out. Hope to see you all out there and lets make this the year we actually get together and chase the fish over to Thrasher and maybe sleep over at Silva Bay. :cool:

The boat is still shiny and hope to get out this Fri and or Sat. No problems with the mods at all , I have changed from Telus to Shaw cable internet . I used to have a blacklab called Max. I've been building up my race car all winter and its pretty much done so back to fishing, I'm embarrassed to say I still have about 10lbs of sockeye in the freezer and my wife is giving me heck for going out. Hope to see you all out there and lets make this the year we actually get together and chase the fish over to Thrasher and maybe sleep over at Silva Bay. :cool:

OK we'll accept the explaination and still talk to you, even though you're a Junior member now. Haha! Sounds like you had good winter and it's time to catch some fish.

I missed that good bite off the south end also, trolled for hours with only one shaker. Just before dark around 7 30 or so as I was up messing around with the rocket launcher placement on the pilot house when I noticed my bottom rod just hammering down. I almost jumped through the stern after the rod . Had to try and beat out the two seals that had followed all afternoon , no luck after a few good runs by the fish the lurkers grabbed hold and an hour long game of spooling in spooling out almost seized up the shoulder. Although the seals are resilient creatures , I am more resilient and in the the end I landed myself one haggard 7 lbs spring and the seals kept the other 7lbs. Still can not believe my rod or line held up to the abuse that ensued from that battle, when I got all the gear in my teaser head was almost split in half from the line tearing out of the hole at the nose, my flasher end broke off as I pulled the half fish in, not the line the metal swivel bearing and my reel was warm to the touch. Good times will try to post some funny photos or video. The fish hit green glo teaser at 100 ' just off cowan pt. Landed a nice 15 lbs the next morning ( tuesday ) this fish hit quick , just after setting up . Went for the chartruse green set up at 124 ' in the same area just off the point. We were chased off by the wind but I would think fishing is pretty good right now one boat had 5 good springs on monday afternoon. We did pretty good on the other side on sunday , had a 5 good springs between 12 and 23 pounds, and landed a super ugly 19 pound ling. Glo hoochies had all the glory down deep around 176 to 120 off shore . Good time to go over. Good luck see you out on thursday.

I hope the whales munch on a few seals while they are here. I'm trying to decide where to go Saturday, I'm hearing good things about Thrasher but probobly stay around the Hump.

You know that Springs are thick when the Orcas show up on this side.

How Orcas know Springs are thick on this side is another question.

Back