The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

well sheltered from northwest outflow,, sand bottom, draggin balls!!

Rock or sand it's hard and smooth enough so that you won't be damaging anything by letting the gear drag.

Well hopefully I can damage the gums on a couple dime bright winter blackmouth! Looking to get out and try dragging a few flasher and spoon combos along the floor of Tunstall Bay for the flood on Thursday....

Demco
Fish Tunstall on the ebb. Fish the south side of the bay, and watch for the gear-eating reef at the center/north side of the bay. The nice thing is that it's protected from the SE winds. Let us know how you make out!

Demco
Fish Tunstall on the ebb. Fish the south side of the bay, and watch for the gear-eating reef at the center/north side of the bay. The nice thing is that it's protected from the SE winds. Let us know how you make out!

There's more to fishing Tunstall than that. The area you refer to Eriks is relatively small and the fish flush right through there.

FM, could you enlighten me on some of the intricacies of fishing Tunstall?? Even by private message if need be!

FM, could you enlighten me on some of the intricacies of fishing Tunstall?? Even by private message if need be!
hey thats not fair
I thought we were in this together:D

Come on Andrew, spill out a nugget for us. I did FM's excellent fishing course and just checked his notes on Tunstall - not too much info there. I fished Tunstall with Jason (Bonchovy), and that is what he told me - ebb tide, right on the bottom, 6' leader with a green glow (or a flaming hans), and be on it, because you only get one or two chances if you're lucky. It's a nice protected fishery, with hardly anyone out there too.
Keep us in the loop Demco!

Thanks for that eriks,
thats what I was looking for, ok Nick lets go get em,
I was gonna head out this morning but the wind report didnt look to favorable, not sure how it materialized,
I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, I had mixed up a some prawn bait for today and I dont want to waste it.

It wasn't nice out there this morning by any stretch of imagination with that stiff westerly.

Thank You for the compliment Eriks! I just sent you a PM.

Yes, Jason from Bonchovy is 100% correct.

Some of my fondest winter fishing memories come from Tunstall.

Of course, there are my fair share of SKUNK memories from these areas as well. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was taking a ferry back from Gibsons around noon and it was looking nice and calm in there. No bites for me on The Queen of Surrey! ;)

well if you boys head over to grace twin isles then wave
as i can watch from the deck

given that cotton point and hutt as well ....lol

better still feet up on the sofa

but much rather be out there

tight lines

view from the deck and bro's old boat if you see me out there

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 66
  • sun rise.jpg
    sun rise.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 78
Geez, we could set up a live cam off your deck for those up to the minute weather and water reports.
DAMN! thats a nice view

well if you boys head over to grace twin isles then wave
as i can watch from the deck

given that cotton point and hutt as well ....lol

better still feet up on the sofa

but much rather be out there

tight lines

view from the deck and bro's old boat if you see me out there

I was just down the hill from you last night!

Gidyup- hope you weren't out there today. Came down to mine to check on her and warm up the engines. It looks NASTY out there today!

Gidyup- hope you weren't out there today. Came down to mine to check on her and warm up the engines. It looks NASTY out there today!
yeah I had full intentions of going solo today untill I checked the winds and they were gusting to 36 off point Atk,
I'll shoot for an afternoon fish this week and keep my fingers crossed that I can get out, I really want to try and learn this winter fishery as best I can
and hopefully put a couple in the box,
Tim

Back