The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Congrats to you guys Dave!! Look forward to seeing him out on the water or maybe over at Silva again!

CONGRATS DADDY DAVE AND MOM,

Looks like a good excuse to add another downrigger and rod holder to me.

All the best and sea u all on the water soon.

Clint
Ps , fished t10 for 3 hours tues, nadda and it was blowing hard, u guys didn't miss much

Congrats Dave that is truly awesome.

Anyone fished anywhere other than the Cap in the last few weeks? Heading out tomorrow morning with a coupld friends and trying to decide where to take them..

You know I've never been scared of a few mm's of rain pipps, Just throw on the raingear, wellies and oakley goggs buddy!

Seek and ye shall find Demco. Plenty of fish to be had, and I'm not talking about the Cap! I think you can imagine what species I'm talking about. Just gotta go fish for 'em! Talked with a bud today and he put his 4 in the tub.

Congrats dave on the baby boy. a future fisherman i'm sure. I ahvent been out for a fish in a while as moorage ran out oct 1 and boat is put away in surrey
Good to read some guys are still hitting some fish out there. May have to hit up buddy for 1 last troll at the cap before the weather really turns. til then i will be living vicariously thru you guys. keep it up

Seek and ye shall find Demco. Plenty of fish to be had, and I'm not talking about the Cap! I think you can imagine what species I'm talking about. .

FM....you can't do that to the kid; he'll "imagine" halibut and spend the coming weeks in amongst the freighters with 4 rods down workin' spreader bars in search of the "species I'm talking about".:p :D

You really gotta spell it out for the little fella. ;)

FM....you can't do that to the kid; he'll "imagine" halibut and spend the coming weeks in amongst the freighters with 4 rods down workin' spreader bars in search of the "species I'm talking about".:p :D

Pips thats is fricken hillarious:D

OK.

C-H-U-M are what I'm talkin' about.

If he's thinking H-A-L-I-B-U-T all he has to do is go down to the East Hastings Bars! LOL.

hahaha

and to clarify even more, when you say 'not the cap', what do ya mean? Bell buoy? Bowen? Howe Sound? North Arm? Iona? T10? Sandheads? Seymour Bay? Mile Markers? the 'hump'? Indian Arm somewhere?? Hole-in-the-wall? QA? QC? QB?

Montegobay was hot today........CHUM BUM"S..... Deco look and you well catch them may the force be with you !!! Sharp hook's and best fish's Hint go way S___________

Thanks montego,

Chum are the only species I've never caught in the salt. You back out tomorrow? Where were you getting them today? What's typical gear/depths when fishing chums? Hootchies? Bait? Spoons?

Only ones I've ever caught have been on yarn in the river so I'm a complete rookie here..

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks montego,

Chum are the only species I've never caught in the salt. You back out tomorrow? Where were you getting them today? What's typical gear/depths when fishing chums? Hootchies? Bait? Spoons?

Only ones I've ever caught have been on yarn in the river so I'm a complete rookie here..

Cheers,
Nick

Uh Oh.....

500 boats are now going to fishing there.............shiat! Well maybe not 500 but it'll be plenty. Good smokers for Jerky or Candy. Decent sport anyways. See y'all out there.

Take a look at the weather tonight, there won't be many boats on the water at most spots from now till the end of the year. I don't think you've got to worry about giving info out generating crowds, with mostly only Chums to be had.

Demco if you search past Browns Bay derby reports on the forum you will get plenty of info on chum fishing. Of course that is up Island tactics. Up there they use pretty similar gear to Sockeye fishing to get Chums. Down here I've yet to really have a great day chum fishing these parts. The stuff that has caught me Chums here is usually hoochies in glow or Army Truck glow on a short leader with a green flasher, slow troll. I think I have also caught them on Anchovies if I remember correctly. Haven't caught enough of them here to say there is a sure fire method to catch them locally. It's usually hit and miss from my experiences.

Unless the guides know some technique that is a carefully guarded secret, I think it's just a matter of trial and error to find what works on any given day.

Best of luck and let us know what was working if you pick up some Chums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out tuesday just past, at the t10 and didn't see anything on the sounder, fished for 2-3 hours.

Is sure was weird with no other boats out but that should been very good sign of nothing happening LOL, but you never know, I like to go out and search , some time you find the honey hole and some times just ... well you get the picture .

Sir-Vivors hi and dry for a couple of months, got to do some modifications maybe Santa will bring the Radar Arch I was writting him about ... anyone got is email address!

Be Safe and go find them !!!

Right on boys Ill throw everything I got at 'em tomorrow, is it necessary to stack rods like sockeye fishing? Will let you guys know how it goes without any coded ebonics lol

Back