The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Took the boat out to run the engines and dropped the lines for a couple hours early Saturday afternoon around the QB Marker. We marked a number of good patches of bait in the bottom 1/3 of the water but didn't have anything hit the lines. Good crabbing made up for the fishing though.

All the best this holiday season to the boys on the brine.

Anyone been out lately, I'm hoping to get out over Xmas-New Years.

All The Best to you too Dal-gimme a shout if you need a crew member.

Good to hear from you again Carl. Will do, but I have at least 3 buds wanting to go out over the holidays. Give me a shout in the new year.

Nice meeting you and all the other guys in Nov. We'll have to do it again, perhaps for a fishout with the obligatory bevys afterwords.

Anyone been out lately, I'm hoping to get out over Xmas-New Years.

TBG,

Weather permitting, I will be dropping the lines for a couple hours Boxing Day a.m. as we are supposedly hosting a crab and prawn dinner that night (the "excuse" to head out on the boat) ... Will report back after that.

Best wishes to all.

I would like to Wish Everyone a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year....and hope that you all get a smiley this year !!!!!!!

Made it out for the morning flood today, it was a little breezy, a little cold, a little wet, found quite a bit of bait,
just couldnt find the fish, trolled from the Cap mouth to the pink palace anywhere from 130 into as shallow as 50'
multiple passes with no results, did manage to beat the hell out of my glo balls, had the whole strip to ourselves for the better part of the morning till a couple guys in a Grady showed up,
we packed it in around noon and left him to fish alone, all in all it was still great to get out
Tim

heading out on the weekend I hope so post up a decent report for me will ya!:D

Im looking at the tides this weekend and other that a short window in the morning it looks like it i'll be fishing the ebb. Anyone have any luck on the outgoing tide around the van harbour. I've always done better on the flood than the ebb ????

I was out from from 11:30am to 1:30pm on Sunday and fished the first couple hours of the flood. Spent a bit of time around the QB marker and then worked over to the West Van waterfront. Ran across some patches of bait and released 3 undersized around the QB and had one good hit that didn't stick ... was fishing just off bottom. Nothing along the West Van waterfront.

Good to spark up the engines and get a little fresh air though.

Spent a couple hours fishing between mile markers and the QB, marked a little bit of bait , saw some birds and a porpoise working the area but nothing hit the gear. Had a green glo flasher and irish cream spoon on one side and a purple onion and glo ugly on the other side, both off the bottom. Could not fish with real confidence as my kicker shut down almost right away. Just spent 800 getting it fixed I thought. You guys think running off the main would effect catching in a major way, think I have yet to catch a fish this way. My 09 yamaha is turning into just extra weight on the boat, not impressed . Will try again tomorrow . Did get some good size crab .

Im looking at the tides this weekend and other that a short window in the morning it looks like it i'll be fishing the ebb. Anyone have any luck on the outgoing tide around the van harbour. I've always done better on the flood than the ebb ????

Anyone have any thoughts on this or ??

i usually fish the hulks and out in front of roger curtis on the ebb,,, then fish the flood from atkinson to cap...

What about PT Grey ,the flood seems to be best in my experiance although I did get one nice spring last year on the ebb out there so ???
I haven't found much difference out at the Q-A flood or ebb

I hope some of you guys were out there today!! I had a meeting in North Van and coming across Lions Gate it looked like an awesome day to be out with the bay absolutely flat calm!!

I was out on Tuesday and trolled from pt atkinson to fisheries and released 1 undersize, this was full moon time so that may have effected the bite. Was going to continue on over to the QB but the wind picked up so I left. Had crabs and lots of prawns.

Back