The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Was out at T-10 area yesterday. Hit over 15 Socks and boated 10 from 8 to 12 yesterday morning. All on squirts from 35 to 50 feet. Had a my son and couple other kids on board. They had a blast. Great fishery for the kids!

Right on, I really believe kids that are introduced to fishing turn out better. :cool:

Sandheads is the South arm of the Fraser. T10 is the marker buoy off the middle arm of the Fraser. Bell buoy is the is off the North arm of the Fraser, towards Spanish Banks. The QA marker is further out in the Strait off the North arm.

You'd probably be best to launch at the McDonald beach ramp in Richmond.

Thanks
TheBigGuy
Hope to see you on the water...

Played a little catch and release with pinks out at sandheads last night. The tide was moving pretty fast and it made it a little difficult to slow troll for sox. Anybody catching springs off the south arm these days?

Not a bad sunset though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sandheads trolling.jpg
    sandheads trolling.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
Was out yesterday at the T-10 in the morning. Quite a few boats out and it seemed most were getting there fish. We limited out on some nice socks and then packed it in as my buddies girlfriend was having a tough time. Good day on the water.

Cohochinook, i think i remember you out there. What type of boat do you have?

He was in the boat with all the cheering kids lol
I heard them too, good on ya coho

Was out yesterday at the T-10 in the morning. Quite a few boats out and it seemed most were getting there fish. We limited out on some nice socks and then packed it in as my buddies girlfriend was having a tough time. Good day on the water.

Cohochinook, i think i remember you out there. What type of boat do you have?

17.5 foot Campion 492 with 4 happy fishing kids!

has anyone been out lately at the cap. working a few blocks away and possibly going to take the boat tomorrow?

August 22 Report.

Weather was crappy out there today....but if you were off Sandheads Lighthouse...and a little south of Hooter, it was off the hook---- as good as it was last year for Sox. It was slower points north.

Does anyone have an evening bite report from the last few days for T10 to North Arm, Bell Buoy or the Cap?

My thanks in advance!

Does anyone have an evening bite report from the last few days for T10 to North Arm, Bell Buoy or the Cap?

My thanks in advance!

We had a boat out yesterday fishing the WV shoreline and they played 3 Springs but only boxed one. It's nice to have an option other that Sockeye !

Was out on sunday evening for about 2 hours at t-10 and the bit was NOT on for sox. we rolled though several huge schools and couldn't hook up for the life of us. we weren't alone either as there were 2 guide boats having the same issues while we were there. Ended up boating a single sockeye at sunset but they seemed all non-biters that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we had a great few hours on the water, started around 2 finished about 5 30 with a good mix of sox and pinks, some good sized ones of both lost some too of coarse. To fun when the actions like this ! kept trying for the quad but never happened hahaha.

T 10 to Sandheads and general area, 45 to 70 feet.

looking forward to 4 Sox per day too !

Good luck

HT

Last edited by a moderator:
Its because DFO figures enough fish have or will make it up to spawn. They allow the natives and commies to rape the sox yet the sporties who not only take the smallest percentage but we also don't kill steelies and rare Fraser coho doing it. I'm o.k. with the couple of commercial trollers out there as they have my respect the way they operate amongst us, notice the way they never seem to cut you off etc. unlike those crabbers who drive like Richmond. :p

Sweet! No official notice up yet but DFO's update was yesterday. For those who don't know where to check for updates on opening and closures it's here: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/x...cfm?pg=search_options&lang=en&id=recreational

The following fisheries are planned:
The First Nations food, social and ceremonial fisheries for sockeye are now
underway in all areas.

Licence Area E gillnets opened in portions of Management Areas 29, August 23,
Tuesday 11AM to 1PM. Check with specific Fishery Notices for further details.

Marine recreational fishery retention of sockeye is open until further notice
with an increase in the daily limit to 4 per day planned for Thursday. A
Fishery Notice will be released with further details.

Lower Fraser River recreational fishery retention of sockeye is open until
further notice. Check with the specific Fishery Notice for specific details.

Licence Area H troll is open until further notice in Areas 12, 13 and 29.
Portions of Area 18 are planned to open Friday until further notice subject to
observer coverage. ITQ allocations have been updated for both sockeye and
pink. Check with the specific Fishery Notice for more details.

Licence Area B seine opening is modified to extend the fishery to 7 days a week
in portions of Area 12. Area 13 may open on short notice depending on sockeye
to pink ratios. ITQ allocations have been updated for both sockeye and pink.
Check with specific Fishery Notice for more details.

Licence Area D potential consideration for a further opening with announcement
expected on Friday.

First Nations economic fishery in the Harrison River will re-open August 23rd
until August 26th. Check with the specific Fishery Notice for more details.

The next meeting of the Panel is scheduled to occur on Friday August 26, 2011.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Barry Rosenberger 250-851-4892

Got out last night for a couple of hours just before dark. Sox taunted us, but would not bite... Boxed a nice 15# white, though. What a beautiful evening; we are so lucky to be able to fish so close to home...

Back