The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Hey Blackmax , nice to see you on the water today (YOU GOT A FANTASTIC BOAT THERE !! )
I tried to call you when I left the "SOCKEYE HOLE" when it became to hard for me to bring in all those fish , geees !
I only had 2 hits and thats if for a 9 hour shift on the water but hey its better than a 1 second shift at work !!
Nice to hear from Fish-Harrd to !
Maybe next week
PS Preditor usually never gives out his location but if you sign-up on his web site for a fee, I here he usually discloses his locations. I give my out for free but
no one listens LOL

Hey different story out there for most boats today although the Sox and pink bite was fast and furious for a little while this morning. Managed a few, lost a few, lots of young little shakers taking on some of my big spring offerings even, all appeared to survive release any way. Saw a few spring taken but hardly any compared to previous days. The best spot seemed to be between North Arm and Iona as long as it lasted. Pounded the Red can all afternoon, a couple taken but not productive. Thats fishin. and I was Fishin Haarrd! hahaha

Good luck tomorrow to those going, got to do the main grind tomorrow, beautiful day to be out none the less.

HT

Hit the red can hard today dragging chovies. Started at 6:30am, within 10 minutes of the first line going down, had a big fish on but lost it at the boat. Shortly after, boxed a nice red spring. Had multiple bites throughout the day, snagged a mini pink salmon and a few jellyfish! All the action was on high and low tide. Nada in-between.

Anyone fish west van or the cap today?

was out again tonight and not a sniff. nothing on sounder. lots a boats not a lot of nets out. heard a bout the good morning sox bite off iona and started there. talked to a guy in a sweet striper and he was pulling up and headed to the bell. so went there shotly after and found nada.

After reading all of the great reports this week and after having a brief and very productive fish last Sunday night at Sandheads, I fished the flood last night from 530pm to 8pm starting at the Bell Buoy and then finishing at the Cap. Nothing other one dog on an anchovy and one shaker on the sockeye gear. From the radio chatter, it sounded like the harbour was very quiet lasst night other that one mid teens fish that was reported. Guaranteed that the fishing will be good this weekend though as I will be away ... seems to be this year's cycle.

As Dogbreath said a very big THANK YOU to Trendsetter for saving us from a DF captain (that's me).

No problem guys, I'm glad I could help!

Unfortunately for us that was about all the excitement for the day. We spent another hour up closer to T-10 with nothing then over to sandheads for the rest of the day. Managed nothing but an undersized spring in 7 hours!

Think I only saw two nets out the whole time we were there. Ah well, here's hoping for a big wave of sox this weekend.

cheers

Shot down to Sandheads for a couple of hours and not a sniff so bailed to Iona and got a "mono" sock. We got into another mono but the rookie I had out decided to rip the hooks out of its mouth. Predator was there but never saw him pull the net, he left and I saw him at QB but no fish.

Up at 530 this morning and loaded up the boat. Got the 14 year old daughter (best fishing partner ever) up at 6. Launched at 645 at Rocky Point. Lines down at the bell bouy at 730. Fished for 9 hours without a bite and had to listen to Lady Gaga all day. Just as we were about to pack it in we had a strike and landed a 15 pound spring. Nice day on the water but very few fish around.

Hit Sandheads this evening for a couple hours. Had a double header as soon as both lines were down. One small sox made it to the boat and was released. Not sniff after that! Beautiful night tho! Seems pretty slow out there, are the masses late or just cruising thru?

I think the socks are mostly heading straight up the river. They're counting 80,000+ per day passing mission. These are only the first half of the late run and the last half of the summer run we are seeing. I don't think we will see a fantastic late run of sox but would expect it to get a bit better over the next two weeks.

As for the pinks, the big wave of fraser pinks is still not here. Shouldn't be long now. But I'm no expert, just been following the test fishery reports.

Had our limit of sockeye for the wife and I in between t10 and the north arm. Just missed the good early bite as we fished the bell early and came up empty. Fished for the sox down south from about 10 am and really didn t start getting into them until like 2 and then there was lots of action . 56 feet worked best for us with a purple haze glo flasher and pink squirts. Same depth, same squirt with green or red flasher and not as productive strange .

Had a slow go at T10 today, perfect weather and water however - out at 930 fished there til 130. Couple thumps on the rod and then one double header - a big sockeye and a huge humpy. Both on bubblegum squirts. Went and dragged some bait around the bell buoy for an hour to try and scare up a spring and hit nothing, maybe because we were both too busy listening to Toto..

Was out at the sandheads at 10 this morning. Lost a nice sockeye that was literally in my boat. It somehow managed to spit the hook, flop onto my tackle box and flop into the splashwell then gone in 2 seconds. finished up with 2 pinks saw a lot more boated around me.

Moved on to T10 around 2pm and started getting hits right when I dropped the lines. A few long line releases then managed a nice 8lb sockeye and called it a day. Saw many sox being boated around the marker between 2 and 4 pm.

Hey trendsetter you have me beat , we had one bounce into and then off the rim of the net. Had our limits plus many lost before hand. Wife landed the first one and then I tried to yard about 8 in before I started landing. Let off the drag and had them run a bit a then it was game on. 56 feet killed it for us with pink squirts. Action was off t10 after 2 . See you out there.

Hey dmurph , how you doing !

How long of a leader are u using from the flasher to the hooks you use ?

I am going to be out next week maybe every day , off work from Tues to Saturday , so its fish fish fish , I hope !

Hi Clint think I saw you out at Iona one day there, is your boat sirvivor 2 ? From Flasher to hook is 18 to 20 inch for the squirts. I will be back at work and back Friday. The afternoon has been best for us. Here is one for everyone, my wife runs braid and I run steel, both rods set at 56 same set ups , she has her home made flash of a dodger and 2 small red and green flashers all attached backwards to the ball and I have a small cone zone to the ball. Her rod has been hit every time, a first on every double. My rod is also in the kicker wash, but I 'm thinking it may be that the braid has a little less blowback slowing the gear just a little which the soxs like. What do you think, I guess today I should try her flash first.

Hey everyone, my alternator packed it in last time out and I decided to change the belt so to have a spare. In order to remove the belt I had to take off the impellor pump so I had a look and was shocked to find this since its only 2 years old. I'm checking it every year from now on.

001-79.jpg

Back