The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

I've got a bunch of flashers that have the coating or mylar coming off. I went to Michaels and found some reflective vinyl that isn't bad but was wondering if anyone knows where to get the same stuff as the factory uses ?

There are multiple colours of full size flasher shaped pieces of replacement tape at the Washington stores, like Ted's and Holiday Sports. They must be available online.

I paid $16.00 for 8 sheets of mylar at Michaels , I was able to redo 4 flashers. I got a couple of colors that might work well. Just don't know how well the adhesive will hold. lol

If you havnt already done so I would hit it with some heat from a blow dryer or heat gun and help that adhesive spread out and bond a little better

Fished South Bowen yesterday and hooked a few. Crabbing sucked tho...it certainly isn't what it used to be in certain areas. Fish hit were from 85 to 150 feet on Anchovies, Blood and Bones, Green Spackleback, Green and White, Army Truck, and Green Glow Spoons. Talked to an associate and the fishing was RED HOT over the other side yesterday.

I know some guys are thinking about zipping over Friday and spending the night. Anyone here thinking of going this week-end?

Will be heading over on friday to stay for the weekend and fish in the derby . Should be fun , fishing sounds like it is getting heated over there. It was getting productive when I was there last weekend. Just hope the wind doesn t show its dirty face.

I'll be there from Yellow Point, between Thrasher and Entrance for Saturday, Sunday and maybe part of Monday

the silva bay derby is on june 17,18,19 the cabins are all booked,I have moorage booked for the weekend but might not be able to make it ill know by the first week of june.My boat is getting repowered right now,big bill didnt see this coming but will be really happy when its ready to rock went with a 2011 yamaha 250 four stroke should rock my 24 ft grady cant wait in the mean time I sit and read blogs dreaming of the day I could be out so If anyone needs a fishing partner to help with cost of fuel ill even bring my own bait and tackle rod etc live to fish because EVERYDAY IS A GREAT DAY TO BE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIGHT LINES
BILLYDOOS

Sorry I had the dates mixed up on the derby. Will still be going over to fish in my own personal derby with the wife and I . I think the marina is all booked regardless, we always just set anchor any way.

Have heard excellent recent reports over from Thrasher but I'm stuck on the mainland for now. Anybody made the run over to the gulf islands in the past couple days? Looks like the ebb tide on the reef has been the ticket as of late as it usually is.

Hey Guys...

If the Silva Bay docks are all loaded up....Pages which is just to the south is usually pretty good. We were over there a few years ago on that derby weekend and were able to get into Pages with fairly short notice.

Has anyone fished on the mainland side recently? I know off Thrasher has been red hot, but can only cross in my boat on a totally calm day. Was going to fish tomorrow. Trying to decide if it's worth hitting the Hump or some of the other spots off South Bowen?

Cohochinook
Sure you can fish around Bowen. Try Cowan point or out to hump. Was lots of bait out there last weekend with fish to be caught. Green spackleback hoocties, copcar spoons and bait all worth a try. Try 100' to 170' downrigger depth. I plan to out there my self. PM me if you like.

Eastpoint

I've got a bunch of flashers that have the coating or mylar coming off. I went to Michaels and found some reflective vinyl that isn't bad but was wondering if anyone knows where to get the same stuff as the factory uses ?
Take them to Walmart they will exchange them no questions asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back