The Little Things

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have decided to use this particular thread (one of my own) to announce I will be leaving this forum.

There are SO many great people here that have been willing to share their opinions and knowledge to help others be better, and a few bad ones who want to drag happy people down. I feel as though I’ve shared so much with all of you including pictures of my family and the feelings of fishing failure I’ve had while trying to learn the skill of this beautiful pastime. It’s the bad ones that have made me not want to share anymore.

I have heard enough people’s view, that I post too much, and hijack threads, and that might be true. I’m an all in, passionate guy who likes to make others smile with a fun thread, or joke. The truth is I’ve got a busy life as a husband, father, son, friend, business owner, landlord, and being a terrible fisherman. I have some addictive behaviour and spend a lot of time on here. If I stop I’ll have more time to spend with my family and friends and actually going fishing.

If all goes well, I will come back to make one more post in the future on the bragging rights thread (my favourite one that I started IMO) so that those of you who have helped me can feel a bit a sense of relief when I actually land a good fish!

If anyone want to keep in touch or potentially go fishing shoot me a PM. I’ll keep in touch with those I already text with obviously.

Good luck out there!

Stizzla out.
Huh? Who gives a **** what anyone thinks about how much you post or what you post especially when you are a positive, uplifting contributor. If they don't like it they don't have to read it. It's the negative, bully, disrespectful posts that we need less of on the forum and your posts are none of those. And I know internet forums can get touchy and personal, and affect some folks in negative ways but hopefully you find those moments to be much less than the positive feelings you get from being here and communicating with so many of the great folks here. I've had my moments with some negative members on forums and it just isn't worth the drama and worry. If guys are way out of line then usually admin or someone will pretty quickly put them in their place. F those kinds of people. They are few and far between all the good ones.

Sounds pretty overwelming opinions to having yah stick around Steve I am also part of that crowd and hope yah reconsider I do understand how some of the negative opinions can get yah down but I personally think that gets out weighed by the useful info and the positive comments . Take a break take a breath we will stay in touch no matter what

I will miss your enthusiasm big time, Steve. Being a bit compulsive & over enthusiastic myself, I consider you something of a kindred spirit.
I used to belong to a few guitar building forums & after a couple of years I got completely fed up with the arrogant few snot nosed members & I quit visiting them completely.
By comparison, this forum is a bunch of sweethearts. Perhaps we should all quit using handles & use our real names. Might cut down on the few ugly posts I see here.

Say it isn't so,Stizz.I personally love your enthusiasm on here and you also make me laugh with your great sense of humour. Just take a breather for a bit and come back to join us when you've chilled out for while. You help me remember the reasons why I
came to love the sport of fishing and it would be a sad day if we didn't get to hear any more of your self berating humour on here any more.I'm sure I'm only one of many that also feel this way so don't stray too far bud!

Thanks Stizzla now I'll have to carry that skunkmaster name on my own. I'm looking forward to the new regs where I might get 1 in a day and limit out.
Take a break and come back soon buddy.

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have decided to use this particular thread (one of my own) to announce I will be leaving this forum.

There are SO many great people here that have been willing to share their opinions and knowledge to help others be better, and a few bad ones who want to drag happy people down. I feel as though I’ve shared so much with all of you including pictures of my family and the feelings of fishing failure I’ve had while trying to learn the skill of this beautiful pastime. It’s the bad ones that have made me not want to share anymore.

I have heard enough people’s view, that I post too much, and hijack threads, and that might be true. I’m an all in, passionate guy who likes to make others smile with a fun thread, or joke. The truth is I’ve got a busy life as a husband, father, son, friend, business owner, landlord, and being a terrible fisherman. I have some addictive behaviour and spend a lot of time on here. If I stop I’ll have more time to spend with my family and friends and actually going fishing.

If all goes well, I will come back to make one more post in the future on the bragging rights thread (my favourite one that I started IMO) so that those of you who have helped me can feel a bit a sense of relief when I actually land a good fish!

If anyone want to keep in touch or potentially go fishing shoot me a PM. I’ll keep in touch with those I already text with obviously.

Good luck out there!

Stizzla out.
If you’re worried about our hockey bet I will let you off the hook.

I’ve been a member here for a very very long time and i have quit several times due to the mob mentality; the elitists, and lately the staggering negativity. There’s a reason most of the long time posters have signed out. ( anyone remember Esox Lucius? dating my self there ) i just sign in every now and then to look at ReelSlims Jaxon boat build and Ex Fly guys boat build and to look at Stormtroopers gorgeous plugs. sorry the rest of the site has lost its appeal.

If you’re worried about our hockey bet I will let you off the hook.
I may be a quitter, but I’m not a welch! Bet’s still on! That is unless you are losing sleep over how good the boys in blue are playing and would like to back out yourself ;)

I’ve been a member here for a very very long time and i have quit several times due to the mob mentality; the elitists, and lately the staggering negativity. There’s a reason most of the long time posters have signed out. ( anyone remember Esox Lucius? dating my self there ) i just sign in every now and then to look at ReelSlims Jaxon boat build and Ex Fly guys boat build and to look at Stormtroopers gorgeous plugs. sorry the rest of the site has lost its appeal.

I’ve said it before... the site is as good as you want to be. You can follow threads that interest you and ask any question you want and you will get answers.
The people here are kind, nice and helpful at a ratio of 20-1 to douchebags.

The kind words that people sent to me after my announcement is proof of that. I had people too shy to post themselves, send incredible pm’ full of tips and offers to go fishing up and down the island and even down to the USA.

My biggest problem isnt and wasn’t the people here... it’s the amount I was posting. It was consuming so much of my day. Since I “hung them up” almost 2 weeks ago, I have checked in as a guest maybe 2-4 times a day, which is MUCH less than I did before. The best thing about that is I still have been able to follow news on here and I’ve also been much more balanced with my life. Planning a garage build, working out, and spending more time focusing on my family, friends and work. Also, I will save money because I was always the first to get to a Buy/sell ad :)

The old Stizzla is gone. I will not post many times on many threads every day to get “likes” or laughs. The new Stizzla will still post reports, asks questions, and try to start fun, positive threads. I look forward to moving forward with you guys. You’ll just get me in moderation. Trust me, it’s a good thing!

Cheers,
Stiz

I may be a quitter, but I’m not a welch! Bet’s still on! That is unless you are losing sleep over how good the boys in blue are playing and would like to back out yourself ;)

I’ve said it before... the site is as good as you want to be. You can follow threads that interest you and ask any question you want and you will get answers.

The kind words that people sent to me after my announcement is proof of that. I had people too shy to post themselves, send incredible pm’ full of tips and offers to go fishing up and down the island and even down to the USA.

My biggest problem isnt and wasn’t the people here... it’s the amount I was posting. It was consuming so much of my day. Since I “hung them up” almost 2 weeks ago, I have checked in as a guest maybe 2-4 times a day, which is MUCH less than I did before. The best thing about that is I still have been able to follow news on here and I’ve also been much more balanced with my life. Planning a garage build, working out, and spending more time focusing on my family, friends and work. Also, I will save money because I was always the first to get to a Buy/sell ad :)

The old Stizzla is gone. I will not post many times on many threads every day to get “likes” or laughs. The new Stizzla will still post reports, asks questions, and try to start fun, positive threads. I look forward to moving forward with you guys. You’ll just get me in moderation. Trust me, it’s a good thing!

Cheers,
Stiz

glad to see you will stay and give back to the community all the slayer info you have learned,

Cheers,
Stiz
Stizza, it's like your breaking up with everyone!! LOL. Well I sure have enjoyed your threads and uplifting spirit! Sometimes life and responsibility get in the way of an addictive affair. Good on ya for seeing the need to wean yourself of the site to take care of the more important things in life.
See you around but moderately.

Glad to see your still among us. I thought that might get your attention :p

No, I’m not going to back out. I had the pleasure of watching a couple of Leafs games recently.....against the Avs and the Blues. :eek:

Hope all is well with the family.

Health is Wealth

Back