The Biggest Chinook You Ever Caught.......

45 cut plugging the riviera (Campbell that is). Rocky, that fish was a FREIGHT TRAIN! Was that guy on my gear or yours? I remember chasin' the bugger done to keep some line on the reel :)

Ya, Just awesome. It was on my gear..
I'm looking forward to trying for another.

Ok...you can't talk like this and not show the pictures! If I was catching fish this big I would have pictures in my wallet and be showing pictures to people on the bus...and I would still have a huge **** eat'n grin on my face!

one week two years ago south bank off ukee two @ 44lbs and a 42 all green hotspot flasher, the two big boys on large herring in a clear head holder and the other 42 with an anchovy green head holder...

Tight lines
Billydoo

Oh how could I forget the year before that my dad reeled in a 46 red flasher and a uv turd on the bottom 200 ft deep damn near broke both arms reeling in that hog !!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

Double header 56 and 55 off Dundas Island…two weeks later…double header 59-1/2 and 49-1/2 off Gunia Pt (Langara) - 2001 - all on cut plugs. My brother is still mad that both of mine were bigger… Biggest ever guided was on a Red Hot Spot with a Chrome Army Truck Chovie Teaser with a 7 foot leader, off Cape Edenshaw - taped out at 60, fattest fish I have ever seen...

Lodge record in upper knight inlet 53.5 lbs got a replica made of it,kwalati point anchovie purple teaser head

Largest in sooke 49.5 on anchovie green teaser head.

Attachments

• bills 52 2.jpg
    bills 52 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 574
  • sooke fishing 2007 168.jpg
    sooke fishing 2007 168.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 573
34 at Kirby, last stick of bait, a large Herring stuffed into a red krippled anchovie.
40 on the Bamfield Wall on a green krippled anchovie July 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
43.5lbs hakai pass mooching with a cut plug...solo

Solo......very impressive

I've had lots of big fish being a guide for 30 yrs.

1st personal big fish was 51 lbs cut plugging at Active Pass and then several cut plugging at Tofino but lately it's been medium herring in a helmet

I know right..only 24 lbs but atleast I have a picture of it :) bamfield, purplehaze flasher, purple haze anchovy special..2011314911_10150372335662394_1951320915_n.jpg I need to get out more :)

68.5 Spider Island, Aug 4 2008, cut plug, 16 ft down on the down rigger 20 ft from the light.

Wicked, Wicked!

35 lbs, on a pink buzz bomb, trying for pinks, but it was on a trout spining rod with 10lb test mono, line broke in the net, and lost the buzzbomb.

-#33 and #30 hootchies in Alberni Inlet . Boys Scout Cabin, Lone Tree.
-#48 by my dad on hootchie, Boys Scout Cabin, Alberni Inlet...#37 on bait at Bull Harbour near Cape Scott
-#34 by my grandpa from Guyana, South America in Alberni Inlet on tomic plug

Back