Telus vs Shaw Save Money..

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
I posted this on www.fishingvancouverisland.org and I feel evryone should have an oppertunity to save the money I and others have.

Here it is:

Got a call from Telus today offering me cheap internet, phone with long distance unlimited free for a year and TV with HD package. They tried to tell me that I would save over $100 a month. I ask them if I could call them back.
I osted this on
I called Shaw to ask if I was under any kind of contract as I was just offered a great deal by Telus. I am paying $201 with Shaw each month for the same package. I was infromed that they had a promo offer for Shaw customers the were offer this deal by Telus.

I now get high spped internet, phone with 12 months of free unlimited long distance and 3 calling featuers and a complete TV package with the full HD package for $89 a month. No contract.

Guess I am going to stay with Shaw and pay half what I was paying for the last year.

:)

Are you sure the internet service is high speed ?
they offered me "light speed" at a discount
but it's slower...

I kept my high speed. The only thing that changed for me was the 10 or so free calling features that I never used anyway. I now have 3. Call anwser, call waiting and call display. I will glady let them go to save more then $110 a month.

I just had a long conversation with shaw......No Deal! after i was on hold for 15 mins and then they dropped my call so i had to wait on hold for another 10 min... I actually tried talking to them last Thursday because I pay 170 a month...with a receiver thats older than dirt! They just tried to downgrade what I have so i could "save money"....
fishassassin what exactly do they give you for 89?

Cheers

I now get high speed internet, phone with 12 months of free unlimited long distance and 3 calling featuers and a complete TV package with the full HD package for $89 a month. No contract.

Just tell them Telus offered you a great deal to switch. They don't want you to which your service over to Telus.

I own my recivers if that changes anything. I am not the only one to get a cheaper price now. I know at least 10 or more people that have had the rate cut big time.

Oh I did cancell WFN at the same time,but it's still on for some reason. $3 a month, they better not be charging me for it. I don't subscribe to any of them adult channels, as they will run you $50 more a month.

Best part was the person redid my current bill and told me rather then paying $201 to only pay $77.83. This is because you pay in advance for each month.

quote:Originally posted by fishassassin123

I now get high speed internet, phone with 12 months of free unlimited long distance and 3 calling featuers and a complete TV package with the full HD package for $89 a month. No contract.

Just tell them Telus offered you a great deal to switch. They don't want you to which your service over to Telus.

I own my recivers if that changes anything. I am not the only one to get a cheaper price now. I know at least 10 or more people that have had the rate cut big time.

Oh I did cancell WFN at the same time,but it's still on for some reason. $3 a month, they better not be charging me for it. I don't subscribe to any of them adult channels, as they will run you $50 more a month.

Best part was the person redid my current bill and told me rather then paying $201 to only pay $77.83. This is because you pay in advance for each month.

I told them Telus offered me a better Deal and they told me they wanted the details of what they offered first to compare...I too have had quite a few friends getting good deals, One of my friends has a Similar deal to you and even had 3 HD PVR's thrown in.....

Maybe I just come off as an A-hole on the phone?:D
Anyway my wife is going right into shaw this afternoon, see how she makes out.

I called Shaw and got the deal, $84.95 promo offer
high speed, HD cable and phone with 1 year free long distance.
however, it is a one year promo offer and after that the rate
returns to normal.

Thanks F.A.123 , saves me about 50 bucks a month

Your welcome RS Craven, Glad it worked out for you.

I was told though that at the end of 12 months the only thing that would change would be the long distance. It would go to 4 cents a min or I could buy the unlimited lond distance for $30 a month.

But she also said to call back when it ended and see if there was any way at that time to keep my costs down low. I will be calling again in 12 months.

Guess I would be pushing it to call and ask for another PVR for the bedroom.

i get phone very good high speed internet lousy tv but what ido get is high def plus pvr and they threw in a free phone plus on tv call displayfor 37 dollarsa monthf catch is i pay more for more tv channels.thislasts for a year then i see what shaw has to offer,to get me back

$84.95 for high speed, phone and HD.
You need to be persistent. The first 2 people I talked to said no deal...everytime I said I was going to switch to Telus I was transferred to someone higher up the ladder until the final deal.
I f'n HATE Shaw!...but I'll go with whomever gives me the best deal.

Shaw told me that we have never missed a payment so it was a done deal. Still a drag that you have to play the game for a good rate.

Cheers All,

I wish to know if anyone has been offered / or accepted any offer which includes a pvr and, if so...which unit? I am quite interested in this offer and would love to know especially about the pvr. I spend a lot of time on the water and would like to be able to use a pvr for the news and some specific programing. I notice that their new pvr has one Tettribyte of memory so lots of ability to record without worrying about running out of space.

Thank you in advance.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
www.fishingvancouverisland.org

Nice to see some competition for TV. Brings the prices down. Telus is finally marketing a decent product with their new TV. It's the same one MTS has, using Microsoft Mediaroom. You can record up to 3 programs at a time, and you only need one PVR, as all the set top boxes can play what's on the PVR.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23740378-Komodo-TTV-will-have-2HD-streams-1SD-multiroom-PVR

http://www.telus.com/content/tv/iptv/system/

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I have been beat. I never got a free PVR and now I find out a friend of mine just got the same deal but they included the movie channels.

I am thinking about going to see them in person next week.

Back