tahsis trip!

S

saltybeaver

I thought I had to tow the boat up with my F150,but my dad let me take his truck.slight upgrad for the 5 hour drive.

DSC01505.jpg

launched the boat 50 run and we were 6 miles offshore. hooked a big fish but lost it.

DSC01431.jpg

ended up with a 30#,big ling and snapper

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

want to troll a bit so we head out another 6 miles where we seen the comercial guys working. beautiful weather

DSC01436.jpg

hooked a 14# wild coho and about 40 3-5 # cohos they where grabbing are set up before the flasher would go under. and once we got done to around 100' couldn't keep the the pinks off thought that was wierd? keeps you busy.
and then bam nice 22#. and headed in.

DSC01435.jpg

to windy so stuck around inside and it was slow.started to get board so we were brought up the down riggers to 20-30 and started to loop in the reefs around some little islands got some cod but nothing big.following or other boat through a gap rightig behind him over a big drop and bam a mid teens .

DSC01471.jpg

hit the wrong button, and will not let me edite it. Maybe sombody will post the pictures better :D

did a loop and over the same mark and bamm double header 20 and 25.
It was the best fight I have ever had still smiling. forgot to take a picture of the 20#.

DSC01473.jpg

not everybody was happy because we are the only boat with us to catch anything the hole weekend

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

great weekend .seen 7 bears and 8 bucks on the way up.cant wait to got back wished we got more hali.

Good Job, Nice Fish..:) Did you run out through nootka sound out to the reef? Just wondering because I am going to head up next weekend from Gold River and out.

springslayer heard that side was dead by a couple off locals. we fished esperanza out past catala. heard on the vhf that the comerials we where beside had one over 30.

Back