Tackle Storage for pre-rigged salmon lures ??

were did u order those from... that pretty sweet... that on a grady?

7 1/2 x 18.... i'm removing the 2 tray stock grady trays out and opening up the whole under the seat compartment... they custom built it..

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/
I found a good deal on Amazon a few years ago. I’ll have a look and see if it says where they came from. They were installed on my old Striper. That side of the boat went all the way to the back underneath so they worked as storage and a stop or divider from losing things all the way to the transom.

I store all of them bare.. no hooks .. only when i run them i leader them up and add the hooks... that way hooks always new and sharp and leader is fresh.. when im done i dump into this for a fresh water wash down and its ready to go the next day... :)

I usually have 4 cases teaser heads tied up ready to go... :) with these for 2 cases of these as back ups ...
View attachment 43883
Can you share a picture of how you have your teasers set up on your spoons? You use braid I see no mono? how does it affect the spoons performance? Thanks I am headed to Nooka in a week and am getting the gear prepared.

The guide who had the boat before me screwed a couple of two foot plastic foam strips on to the sides of the boat cabin walls. You just stick the hook in them and let them hang to air dry and store. It works great and I have kept them. You can hang them with or without the plastic straw and twist tie line control methods. If I am not using a straw and the leader is long, I put the swivel eye on the other end of the leader over the hook before sticking the hook in the foam.

Last edited:
The guide who had the boat before me screwed a couple of two foot plastic foam strips on to the sides of the boat cabin walls. You just stick the hook in them and let them hang to air dry and store. It works great and I have kept them. You can hang them with or without the plastic straw and twist tie line control methods. If I am not using a straw and the leader is long, I put the swivel eye on the other end of the leader over the hook before sticking the hook in the foam.

RF, think I know what you described but can you post a pic? I’d like to see that..

Can you share a picture of how you have your teasers set up on your spoons? You use braid I see no mono? how does it affect the spoons performance? Thanks I am headed to Nooka in a week and am getting the gear prepared.
sorry i missed this.. I'll see what i can dig up

I am using 5"x7" zip lock bags 4mil that I bought on ebay. The craft industry uses them to store small items. The bag is thick enough to keep the hooks safe. I like to pre-tie my leaders and just take a few wraps around four fingers and stick the leader and attached lure in the bag. Then I take 1 gallon zip locks and use one each for hoochies, spoons, mooching rigs, etc. The main advantage to this set up is space saving and no tangled leaders. You can even tie different length leaders and write the length on the outside of the bag.

I am using 5"x7" zip lock bags 4mil that I bought on ebay. The craft industry uses them to store small items. The bag is thick enough to keep the hooks safe. I like to pre-tie my leaders and just take a few wraps around four fingers and stick the leader and attached lure in the bag. Then I take 1 gallon zip locks and use one each for hoochies, spoons, mooching rigs, etc. The main advantage to this set up is space saving and no tangled leaders. You can even tie different length leaders and write the length on the outside of the bag.

Same set up I use I store a few of the one gallon bags all my flashers and assorted salmon gear in a medium size Rubbermaid container that fits under the seat in my boat.

I ended up using a the foam kneeling pads from the garden. The Spoons sit flat on it and then i cut small slits and wrap the line around it..... seemed to work good.

Back