Tackle Storage for pre-rigged salmon lures ??

Just ordered a a little smaller version of that which is going inside of the galley of my 232... also open up the storage under the capt. seat plus a floor hatch opening up a bunch more space.. :)

McDonald's straws. Cut short pieces, pinch line into it...
I just wrap what is working around the hot colour flasher I am using.

Attachments

• 20181022_165714.jpg
    20181022_165714.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 233
Just ordered a a little smaller version of that which is going inside of the galley of my 232... also open up the storage under the capt. seat plus a floor hatch opening up a bunch more space.. :)

My 228G only came with one gas tank, it doesn't have the extra 95 gallon tank normally installed between the helm and port side seat centre line. I cut a whole in the floor where the spare tank would have been installed and bolted in a large hatch for access. I had industrial plastics make me a large tray out of plastic approx 4'x3' with drip holes. That is now installed where the spare tank would have gone with access thru the new hatch. I picked up a large amount of unused space for tools, spare prop, hoses etc. Its a massive cavern of space down there probably 4 feet deep. I put the stuff in that space that I don't need to grab quickly.

I would love to see a pic of that.. i have a 50 gallon tank in that spot... right now.. but opening up another spot on the floor..

I would love to see a pic of that.. i have a 50 gallon tank in that spot... right now.. but opening up another spot on the floor..

It’s in storage right now on the Island. I’ll probably pick it up before May 1. I’m a warm weather fisherman.

anytime... thank u... I'll post up the 3 things im doing on my grady to get me more room... :) if its anything like last year..spring time will be the 3rd week of may :) :)

I understand wanting to pre-tie tandem hook setups or guides wanting tackle ready to go but I prefer to tie on the fly. For me it’s all part of the whole fishing experience. Sure, if your running solo in heavy seas it would be nice to be pre-tied but how often does that happen?

pre-tying is so therapeutic for me. Lets me think I'm going fishing - even if it's months away - which it is!

I currently use the large straw method. But I agree with @Waterwolf2230 's observations of kinky line. I don't know if it makes a difference to the fish, but I certainly see it.

Instead if the straw or tube try using large plastic paper clips boys way faster to get in place and holds it snug. I tried metal ones but didn’t take long for them to rust from the salt but good coated ones or plastic ones work good.

Derby
Great organization and set up! Can you share your hook set up for your spoons? Do you run a two hook system? some folks call it a stinger off the main hook or dropper? In the states we can't run trebles hooks but could run two singles and I have been thinking about do so. Also what pound test like do you have on your chovie heads?

Thanks

anytime... thank u... I'll post up the 3 things im doing on my grady to get me more room... :) if its anything like last year..spring time will be the 3rd week of may :) :)

Christmas day... the first 2 parts showed up today... maybe able to start this weekend... Thank u Tim for getting these to me.. :)
20190313_194628_resized.jpg

20190313_194654_resized.jpg

I pack my tackle is cloth bag ,pack what I am going to use that day and have it all over the seat so yo can see what you have and easy to rig up,I have to clean out my boat each time or it will be gone

Christmas day... the first 2 parts showed up today... maybe able to start this weekend... Thank u Tim for getting these to me.. :)
View attachment 44192

View attachment 44193
I did a similar thing on my last boat and Will probably put some in the new boat after I have it for a bit. Definitely one of the best bang for your buck upgrades that I did.

Attachments

• F08BCE87-E804-43BF-B6B0-80F484B441A4.jpeg
    F08BCE87-E804-43BF-B6B0-80F484B441A4.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 136
  • B4070BE4-D8BB-430F-AA65-930A8BE1868A.jpeg
    B4070BE4-D8BB-430F-AA65-930A8BE1868A.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 135
  • EE6132E8-D4DA-4835-B896-1A5C51276985.jpeg
    EE6132E8-D4DA-4835-B896-1A5C51276985.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 137
Back