Synthetic two stroke oil

Fisherman Rob

Thinking of switching to synthetic oil for my Yamaha 115 two stroke. Anyone have any suggestions on brand and where to purchase around Victoria? Can you get it cheaper online?

Depends on what you are running and what your concerns are. Is it a direct oil injection setup? Or a traditional carbed work horse? If the latter stay with inexpensive standard two stroke oil unless you are simply trying to minimize smoke and do very few hrs each year. Then perhaps spend the extra on fancier oil.

If you have a dfi motor you have no choice but to use synthetic.

I am just working through my 1st gallon of synthethic 2 stroke oil on a Johnson 90 VRO. I switched primarily to try to reduce the smoking and it has made a huge difference. Hard to tell its a 2 stroke now. Double the cost ($50 amsoil marine TCW3)...but I don't think I will need to run my carbon guard additive anymore. Got at SG in Victoria...not sure about online pricing.
Cheers.

My fishing partner runs Yamalube oil for his direct injected Yamaha 200 hp 2 stroke motor. He claims it smokes less, seems to run better and has noticed slightly better fuel economy. It is more expensive, but he is happy with how the motor runs.

Back