Sweet go pro footage and story!

if your not busy this week i have two prawntraps a crabtrap and a scotty landing net i would like you to troll for..:p

Last edited by a moderator:
WICKED STORY Stoked for all of the footage. Not to side track, but a friend recently told me pulling a halibut in the boat by their tail will pop their vertabrates and kills them...true or not? As I was thinking of bringing over halibut into boat this way this year then heard that...but if not, then that's a good way to get pictures :) I'm not sure, only a question, not accusatory or anything.

No clue, but when u see her take off in some of the footage I have, I dont think her back is bugging her........would be nice to find out for sure......people might have opinions of whats best and I guarantee u pulling her outa the water by the tail isnt good for the fish, but from my experience with hali...there pretty fricken tough so I cant see them dyeing from that. You can smack them in the head and lips 30 times and bleed them and they are still alive a few hours later! I love letting the big guys go but I also like getting photos, to accompany the story. A water shot doesn't do justice. anyway until I get proof from someone and it becomes illegal to tail a halibut and get a picture like this(I will stop) but until then....bobs your uncle!

I thought I would take some flak for that pic lol. Having said that a friend of mine told me he caught a 120 pound ling cod but the world record is under 90 pounds! so don't believe everything you hear......all for ***** and giggles though serengeti!

you got some amazing footage on you tube as well! keep up the good fishing.

Cheers!

wooly

any advice on an easy way to upload huge videos onto you tube would be greatly appreciative? I tried to upload one of them and it said it would take 2400 min to complete? is there a way to shrink them or maybe upload them in a smaller resolution?

If you have Windows 7 you can open the movie in "Windows Live Movie Maker". Then click the YouTube button and it will give you options on shrinking the movie size. For yours you would probably want to shrink it to 640 x 360.

any advice on an easy way to upload huge videos onto you tube would be greatly appreciative? I tried to upload one of them and it said it would take 2400 min to complete? is there a way to shrink them or maybe upload them in a smaller resolution?

PM Kelly...he seems to have some experience with it.

thats some crazy luck, will make for an awesome story to pass down through the generations...excited to see the underwater stuff!!

No clue, but when u see her take off in some of the footage I have, I dont think her back is bugging her........would be nice to find out for sure......people might have opinions of whats best and I guarantee u pulling her outa the water by the tail isnt good for the fish, but from my experience with hali...there pretty fricken tough so I cant see them dyeing from that. You can smack them in the head and lips 30 times and bleed them and they are still alive a few hours later! I love letting the big guys go but I also like getting photos, to accompany the story. A water shot doesn't do justice. anyway until I get proof from someone and it becomes illegal to tail a halibut and get a picture like this(I will stop) but until then....bobs your uncle!

I thought I would take some flak for that pic lol. Having said that a friend of mine told me he caught a 120 pound ling cod but the world record is under 90 pounds! so don't believe everything you hear......all for ***** and giggles though serengeti!

Cheers!

wooly

No worries. Wasn't giving flack. I was unsure and just wanted to know for my c and r this summer :)

Wicked story! Jeff (Osama) and I lost a rod to a hali strike a few years ago. I chucked a big spinnow out the back and snagged onto the line. We eventually pulled up the rod and the hali, even got it on film but alas we never got the footage from the lady we were with. Doesnt compare to this however, I cant believe it tangled up on that line! Lucky is an understatement.

For the video I would recommend cutting it down to just the highlights with an editing program. There are some free ones online for download or macs have imovie.

Wicked story! Jeff (Osama) and I lost a rod to a hali strike a few years ago. I chucked a big spinnow out the back and snagged onto the line. We eventually pulled up the rod and the hali, even got it on film but alas we never got the footage from the lady we were with. Doesnt compare to this however, I cant believe it tangled up on that line! Lucky is an understatement.

For the video I would recommend cutting it down to just the highlights with an editing program. There are some free ones online for download or macs have imovie.

Thats awesome!

thanks for the advice!

Cheers!

wooly

Hey Wooly

The only hali I/we have ever tailed have been with a harpoon in the side. Just wondering how co-operative they are to tail without a harpoon. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated especially with these new regs.

A really good video editing program is Power Director 11. It is $50 but well worth it. I ordered my copy online from a site called Hermanstreet

I use a program called Stream Clip. It's doesn't allow you to do any fancy editing, but does the job if all you want to do is cut out the boring stuff. Allows you to join files into one too.

Simply fantastic! That's why I love being out on the water. You just never know what kind of adventure you're going to get into. Can't wait for the underwater footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pMsv8iymi4

Thats the first of the go pro footage........they changed the lighting my video on you tube so im trying to switch it back.......check it out in a bit it will be better lighting/quality!

Islandgirl......I find tailing large hallis calms them down. they go nuts once they feel the rope but then are calm a few seconds later. ztail them put some gloves on have a good set of pliers and go nuts. I havn't had to cut any leaders yet.....use circle hooks or singles....never trebles.

someone was asking area.........its north coast. around kitimat/prince rupert......right on the proposed tanker route actually! where i jig i will be able to wave at the tankers!

Thanks for all the advice on editing everyone....i will try to post the others before i leave for another fishing trip this evening.

Cheers,

wooly

sweeet. nice clear footage.. ive sent mine down to 90-130' depths multiple times but can hardly see a thing.

Back