Suggestions / help on new boat.

I couldn’t agree more
Not trying to tic people off but personally I think Thunderjet and Kingfisher are a bit over priced

And getting worse by the day. And they are all so bloody cocky right now. For some reason God only knows why people are finding money someplace and those dealers can’t keep those boats on the lots so they are just so adamant on their prices and don’t even want to take the time to talk with a guy. The price is the price and that’s it don’t like it get out of line cause someone else is waiting.

Man those Jaxon 22' HT's sure are a beautiful looking machine! Very well built and crafted by the looks and sounds of them as well. Fits right into that size/type your looking for Walleye :)

Man those Jaxon 22' HT's sure are a beautiful looking machine! Very well built and crafted by the looks and sounds of them as well. Fits right into that size/type your looking for Walleye :)

No doubt, just look at the lines on them, that thing looks like it could run alongside any 26 footer, certainly nothing in its size class could stand up next to it. Only thing is I don’t want to have to sell the house in order to buy one lol.

50102009138_eb753724a5_c.jpg

50102815132_1f7f45c44b_c.jpg

Doesn’t look like the Jaxon will fit in. He was very polite but was straight forward and said he can’t do a hull for my budget. Nice boats but forward and on the quest we go.

The Jaxon 27 hardtop is 100% on my list for upgrades, I'm scared to even ask what that would run me...I'm guessing $250,000 so I'm gonna a have to pay a lot more attention to the burner account it seems!

Good luck with the quest, it's a great journey to be on.

I don't know if it is common, but an acquaintance bought a bare hull from Northwest Aluminum Craft. (not the other nw)
He finished it himself and in the end has a beautiful, very valuable boat that cost him about 50-60% of what it's worth.
He's handy, but you have skills, too.

I don't know if it is common, but an acquaintance bought a bare hull from Northwest Aluminum Craft. (not the other nw)
He finished it himself and in the end has a beautiful, very valuable boat that cost him about 50-60% of what it's worth.
He's handy, but you have skills, too.

Yah a guy could look at that, talk with a builder and just see at what point one would want them to turn it over. Benches welded in, windows in and railings on, cleats welded on and that it. Fish box built in but no top I would just build the top out of HDPE board myself. Not much to wire a boat this day and age, put your own seats in and build the bench seat tops. If I wanted paint my younger is a red seal painter, is head painter in the shop he’s in.
Not a bad idea I wouldn’t be scared to take on a project like that.

Yah a guy could look at that, talk with a builder and just see at what point one would want them to turn it over. Benches welded in, windows in and railings on, cleats welded on and that it. Fish box built in but no top I would just build the top out of HDPE board myself. Not much to wire a boat this day and age, put your own seats in and build the bench seat tops. If I wanted paint my younger is a red seal painter, is head painter in the shop he’s in.
Not a bad idea I wouldn’t be scared to take on a project like that.
I believe he installed the windows and everything else and built the cabinets himself. 99% of welding was done.

I don't get it...why the cheap plywood flooring on boats like this?

wood flooring isnt as cold and harsh on the knees. also not that slippery when wet. aluminum flooring with eva foam overlay like seadek (or even better topteak) is the best way to do it. the foam is nice on your feet and aluminum floor is strong.
unfortunately its costly and/or requires additional labor.

Back