Would a 25” fit ??

brutus

As the title says, I got a half dead 225 Honda 30” , it’s mounted and outboard brackets of a stainless pod, it’s bolted way up, looks like it just got mounted that way to accommodate a 30” shaft. Looking for input from the pros, would a 25” shaft work??? More options in the 25” then 30” in the used market . Haven’t made my mind up yet if going new or used, probably won’t be pulling the trigger till later in may, the piggy bank is not quite full yet for what it might cost to repower. Note with the paper work I got from the boat when I bought it, it had a 250 suke 25” on, blew up and got replaced with the 30” Honda.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 119
ship happens is supposed to look at my motor in the next month or so, I am sure he will be able to tell, it’s just if something comes up in the mean time don’t want to pull the trigger on a 25” if it won’t work lol, my issue is ?, not sure if the hydro steering is going to hit the top of the pod when tilting

That pod is designed for a 25” leg and you have the extrusions to make the 30” Honda work on it. You’ll remove the C-shape extrusions so the motor will move forward and the hydro steering will clear the bracket.

That pod is designed for a 25” leg and you have the extrusions to make the 30” Honda work on it. You’ll remove the C-shape extrusions so the motor will move forward and the hydro steering will clear the bracket.
That’s what it looks like to me too, but have no experience whatsoever mounting an outboard, just trying to get info from you guys, while I am at it, will my hydro steering fit on other brand outboard or are they specific for Honda??looks like it just fits in the tube .

That’s what it looks like to me too, but have no experience whatsoever mounting an outboard, just trying to get info from you guys, while I am at it, will my hydro steering fit on other brand outboard or are they specific for Honda??looks like it just fits in the tube .
There’s a couple different seastar cylinders. You can search which one fits your Honda and cross it over to your respective new motor. Hc5345, hc5343, hc5445 ect.

Last edited:
There’s a couple different seastar cylinders. You can search which one fits your Honda and cross it over to your respective new motor. Hc5345, hc5343, hc5445 ect.
Will have a look at it tomorrow to see if I can see serial # or model # on it, if not will try the cross reference way, hoping I can a save that part lol, had a long conversation over dinner with the wife she called me a cheap f…. And said buy the new motor and get it over with lol

Will have a look at it tomorrow to see if I can see serial # or model # on it, if not will try the cross reference way, hoping I can a save that part lol, had a long conversation over dinner with the wife she called me a cheap f…. And said buy the new motor and get it over with lol
Reference chart : https://www.seatechmarineproducts.c...-Single-Engine-Cylinder-Application-Guide.pdf

Doesn’t look great for crossing over to a new motor. @ship happens might know if it’s possible to swap mounting brackets around to make things work.

Don’t argue with the boss man.

@brutus that picture in your first post is a riser bracket kinda like the panther ones. (can't remember if it's panther actually). Whoever the **** makes those. They work. That's a 5inch or somewhere in there, extention. Those are probly made, because I think the production version was a full square tubing

Just measure from the top of the boat side bracket to the bottom of the keel. Don't worry about those aluminum channels.

She just wants to get out fishing with you and wants a reliable motor . Gotta think positive
She did mention that part lol, she loves Hali fishing but won’t ever trust that motor again, she’s been out way offshore in some pretty nasty stuff and knows, bobbing around offshore with a dead engine is not fun

@brutus that picture in your first post is a riser bracket kinda like the panther ones. (can't remember if it's panther actually). Whoever the **** makes those. They work. That's a 5inch or somewhere in there, extention. Those are probly made, because I think the production version was a full square tubing

Just measure from the top of the boat side bracket to the bottom of the keel. Don't worry about those aluminum channels.
Will try tomorrow, kind of awkward to hold the stick and the tape by myself, but will take the time tomorrow and prop the stick under the boat and take a pic

Will try tomorrow, kind of awkward to hold the stick and the tape by myself, but will take the time tomorrow and prop the stick under the boat and take a pic
You should be able to eyeball it. It's probly 25

Back