Would a 25” fit ??

Not a big deal, I got a deal pending on a Suzuki 300 30” , 99% done deal, just waiting for an email
you will be happy with the Suzuki.

As for the 1” lift per foot that is just a reference point. My Hourston was 5” up and could have gone one more. My Seasport is 4” up but needs to go down one hole but has twins and still figuring that out
My Grady was 5” up. All with brackets and 28-34” setback.

With a 30 you should be able to come up to what you need regardless. I think
Plus you had a 30” and know how it performed prior. Should be no change just more hp and reliability and atleast your engine is black. Lol

Last edited:

As for the 1” lift per foot that is just a reference point. My Hourston was 5” up and could have gone one more. My Seasport is 4” up but needs to go down one hole but has twins and still figuring that out
Ya I know nothing about mounting these,was actually surprised when they backed off the deal, they did not see the boat, just a bunch of pics, and mesurements, he just said he was too much of a risk

With a 30 you should be able to come up to what you need regardless. I think
Plus you had a 30” and know how it performed prior. Should be no change just more hp and reliability and atleast your engine is black. Lol
ya it’s pretty much a done deal, bringing the the boat to Sherwood on friday, , from the tech says about 3” would be a starting point, end of added brackets is 30”, so will see where they hang it and I can adjust if it need to go up from there, plus 30” will have the power head bit higher from the water, the Yamaha guy said a 25” on my application, risk of sucking water from the exhaust tubes, again I a novice at this outboard thing, so hoping for a good result

Back