stamp 2010

Yup so was i. We hiked from below the bucket up to near falls. Saw guys get action along the whole stretch.Managed this little buck.

024-2.jpg

WTF is right!!!! I wasnt calling you a dick I was saying I caught dick (which means I didnt hook into any fish). Maybe I should have worded that different?

Really why would I call u a dick,I dont even know you. And If I had a problem I would rather say it to your face. I dont like wasting too much time online so getting to the point work better for me .

Splitshot

sorry there splitshot that was what i was thinking sorry sorry sorry as much as i would like to be a dick sometimes hey im just a friendly fisher guy who is lost with how much the seasons have changed in just 12 months seems as though the sockeye were just an enourmous run bigger then last an though everything else seems to be extinict in comparrison of what we seen last year hmmmmm any answears or comments about what maybe happening hooked over 50 steelies last year in this same 2 week period this year not even a nibble dont get me wrong thers fish around but im seeming to have tough time at getting a tight line hmmmmm maybe its all me an yes we do say stuff like that in newfieland but havent been there in 10 years love this island though have fun guys sorry noggin wood an anyone else included in this convo ....

Hey Newf,
No problem with me...just remember that the emails etc are really easy to take the wrong way, they can be read many ways.

im guessing your the balls hanging on both sides of the dick hey but whatever pallll not into your foooking online games say that to my face .......

Some reading comprehension, please

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what's it been like but my buddy and I hit 5 from first light till 1045am this morn tons of snow and not another soul on the flow I was at.

Stayed at Murphy's tuesday and fished wednesday a little cold and hung over ( friends 50 th). First time in a jet boat, a lot of fun, I landed 4 and probably lost that many aswell. I have been steelhead fishing for many years and learnt a few things, a whole different perspective about river fishing.

i dont want to stir it up about the jet issue on the stamp cause its way too sensitive up a subject but the other day on my way back from tofino i saw a jet boat at the top of the sproat river where it turns into the lake, where the boat was it woiuldn't have even been wide enough to fit another boat beside it. that seemed a little excessive. just looked so industrial in such a nice little spot, u cant tell me that boat isnt spooking the hell outta fish

i dont want to stir it up about the jet issue on the stamp cause its way too sensitive up a subject but the other day on my way back from tofino i saw a jet boat at the top of the sproat river where it turns into the lake, where the boat was it woiuldn't have even been wide enough to fit another boat beside it. that seemed a little excessive. just looked so industrial in such a nice little spot, u cant tell me that boat isnt spooking the hell outta fish

You saw a jet boat in the head pool? You're sure it was a jet... not just someone in there from the lake? Not that I don't believe you, just trying to picture where exactly it was... below the bridge or above?

And honestly... if you don't want to stir up the issue why even bother to mention anything... seems kinda immature

Last edited by a moderator:
Head pool

There are lots of boats in sproat lake..

And since they moved the booms you can get a boat right into the head pool..

Im pretty sure that it wasnt evena guide, most likely a rec fisherman hot shotting.

and even if it did spook fish (which I know most of the time it doesnt) how is that any harm to the fish? They just move?

This whole jet boat slamming is just another thing for you to ***** and whine about. If it wasnt the jets you would find something else to complain about. FACT.

its definatly a touchy subject. but really was it necessary to bring it up if you werent wanting to stir things up? and also... was anyone fishing there on shore? if no then why cant they be there. they have just as much right to be there as you do at the falls. p.s. was that you youngsteelheader on the airport side that walked down with your dad? pretty sure the spot was busy enough without you 2 being there. looked pretty funny having a guy follow you around with a video camera all over the rock bluff lol. oh and if that was you there, that must of really pissed you off when the jet boat came there when you were packing up your stuff. oh and they hooked fish too! yeah... those fish really got spooked away. give your head a shake.

whats up with u fisherman 14, do u take pleasure in insulting other people, i never fished the stamp this weekend and when i do i hike the upper river, i dont care if there is jets on the stamp cause it doesnt affect my life but i was just wondering if its legal for people to have jets on the sproat.... i never even said it was a guide boat... i post pics all the time with my face in it cause im not a computer tough guy and not starting beef with people just asking questions ...

i was just wondering if its legal for people to have jets on the sproat.... i never even said it was a guide boat... i post pics all the time with my face in it cause im not a computer tough guy and not starting beef with people just asking questions ...

If you were wondering if it was legal then you should have just gone ahead and asked the question, be direct, don't beat around the bush... that's how we end up with 20 page threads and tempers flaring up.

To answer your "question", Jet's ARE legal on the Sproat.

Back