stamp 2010

its definatly a touchy subject. but really was it necessary to bring it up if you werent wanting to stir things up? and also... was anyone fishing there on shore? if no then why cant they be there. they have just as much right to be there as you do at the falls. p.s. was that you youngsteelheader on the airport side that walked down with your dad? pretty sure the spot was busy enough without you 2 being there. looked pretty funny having a guy follow you around with a video camera all over the rock bluff lol. oh and if that was you there, that must of really pissed you off when the jet boat came there when you were packing up your stuff. oh and they hooked fish too! yeah... those fish really got spooked away. give your head a shake.

Haha I know who your thinking of. That guy is a goof.

Holmes your missing the point on this one. I'm young and a noob teaching
myself on the flow but that doesn't give me the right to be disrespectful. Pushing your way into spots that are overcrowded, mishandling fish ect are not needed. If you do it enough then post vids of it then it's your fault you get a rep as a goon. That all said this post is gonna slide offtrack fast so might be worth another thread.

you guys are calling him a goof, a clown and an embaressment to the sport and you tell me to give my head a shake. who cares if the guy wants to bring a camera to the river, how does that effect your life. the guy holding the camera means one less rod on the river. i am starting to notice how it seems like there is a community on falls pool locals on here who have no intention other than bashing others, go to timmy's and gossip, this is a sportfishing website.

Haha I know who your thinking of. That guy is a goof.

hes actually not that bad of a kid. Hes young, and doesnt know, but is learning. Lets just hope he listens to one of us and not guys like the ramblin.. I mean one of those guys with poor etiquette. hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Yocny81yM-o] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yocny81yM-o&feature=related

I fished the stamp, hoooked a couple fish, it was good times. Saw a few jets and waved. And thought i saw fisherman14 (i asked the guy) he said nope. I'd love to meet you fisherman 14, you seem like a really great guy and have an amazingly great attitude and out look on life as a whole.

I think this is who you mean... same guy who posted a video last year on YouTube of him fishing at the falls before November 15th... such a clown and an embarrassment to the sport!

With all due respect to you LadyF, Tristan Y as you have linked with "this" is a 16 year old teenager that's in High School. If he did in fact fish out of season then it was his mistake and I'm sure he won't ever do it again, I know he wouldn't have done it on purpose. And chances are it never happened anyhow! You know how rumours spread.

He's probably one of the most mature and well rounded teenagers that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. This kid is the next generation of anglers and he is good for the sport. He brings his friends and family fishing all over the island, and I am willing to bet that you will be hearing a lot more about him in the future. What are our kids doing with their lives? Are they fishing and exploring the outdoors? Will they be the voice of anglers, or will they be calling other anglers down on forums?

Wouldn't you rather see more young adults like Tristan and youngsteelheader? Think about it the next time you want to bag on a good kid.

I fished the stamp, hoooked a couple fish, it was good times. Saw a few jets and waved. And thought i saw fisherman14 (i asked the guy) he said nope. I'd love to meet you fisherman 14, you seem like a really great guy and have an amazingly great attitude and out look on life as a whole. please put up a pic of yourself.

Listen you clown. Your friend phoned the police for threats, like a punk. Now your being an idiot again. Why dont you take your opinion back to whatever hole you crawled out of. We out number you 10 - 1 . Dont go threating ppl you dont even know.

You have caught what 2 steelhead in your life? Your not a local to BC? You fish the puntledge for chum? Your buddies with the rambling narcisst? Now your all high and mighty thinking you know what your talking about? Get the f*k out of here.

With all due respect to you LadyF, Tristan Y as you have linked with "this" is a 16 year old teenager that's in High School. If he did in fact fish out of season then it was his mistake and I'm sure he won't ever do it again, I know he wouldn't have done it on purpose. And chances are it never happened anyhow! You know how rumours spread.

He's probably one of the most mature and well rounded teenagers that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. This kid is the next generation of anglers and he is good for the sport. He brings his friends and family fishing all over the island, and I am willing to bet that you will be hearing a lot more about him in the future. What are our kids doing with their lives? Are they fishing and exploring the outdoors? Will they be the voice of anglers, or will they be calling other anglers down on forums?

Wouldn't you rather see more young adults like Tristan and youngsteelheader? Think about it the next time you want to bag on a good kid.
I tried to stay out of this,I tried to bite my tounge...The river is no place for video cameras brodcasting fishing locales on youtube to everyone.Whatever happened to the old days where it was just word of mouth?I dislike this new generation of fisherman who have to film and blog about fishing locations to the masses,I just dont understand it!

Listen you clown. Your friend phoned the police for threats, like a punk. Now your being an idiot again. Why dont you take your opinion back to ontario where the other inbred fat renecks live you joker. We out number you 10 - 1 . Dont go threating ppl you dont even know. You fat inbred swine.

easy!! no reason to get freaky over whats happened in the past. Im willing to let it go so lets all just relax. Lorne was just surprised to see F14 back already, thats all. It's over.

Lets not turn this into yet another locked down SFBC thread.

I tried to stay out of this,I tried to bite my tounge...The river is no place for video cameras brodcasting fishing locales on youtube to everyone.Whatever happened to the old days where it was just word of mouth?I dislike this new generation of fisherman who have to film and blog about fishing locations to the masses,I just dont understand it!

easy big guy. back the truck up.... no need to rehash the past. I was defending tristan cause he's a kid, and theres no need for ladyf to bag on a kid. so just relax, its not about you. Ladyf will most likely come back and say she was in error.

Listen you clown. Your friend phoned the police for threats, like a punk. Now your being an idiot again. Why dont you take your opinion back to whatever hole you crawled out of. We out number you 10 - 1 . Dont go threating ppl you dont even know.

You are bad at math that is for certain. Not sure who exactly i am trying to out number for anything or what kind of competition i have been entered into but i cant think of anything i am out numbered on 10-1. what exactly am I/are we competing for? I never threatened anyone.

You have caught what 2 steelhead in your life?

Actually i've never caught a steelhed ever. what are those again?

Your not a local to BC?

Nope , but i plan on staying here the rest of my life. I've been here since Dec. 2009. I have met TONS of great individuals, fished a fair abit, hunted a ton, and love my life. I employ 40 people here in my town, I have donated hundreds of dollars to local hatchery's as well as lots of my time. I am a member of my local fish and game, and have met some great people there as well. I also support a local baseball team here. What do you do in your community?

You fish the puntledge for chum?

Guilty!

Your buddies with the rambling fisherman?

Guilty!

Now your all high and mighty thinking you know what your talking about?

What?

lol. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. All i said was i went to the stamp, hooked a few fish, thought i met fisherman 14. WTF is your guys problem. Stop stalking us and get a life!

Nice of you to put words in my mouth... I will not be retracting any of my statements, thank you very much. I stand behind what I've said and posted, unlike some people on this forum, I think about what I write before it's posted. It doesn't matter how old or young a person is, they should educate themselves on the regulations prior to fishing a new area. I'm actually the same age as "youngsteelheader" and have spent the last few years learning and educating myself on the sport, the regulations and proper etiquette when fishing in larger numbers. New anglers should understand that they have a lot to learn from the more experienced anglers, there is an etiquette to fishing that should be respected and from what I've seen and heard, some of us "newbies" don't seem to understand that.

That being said, I, myself am NOT an experienced angler, only taking up the sport within the last five years. I don't fish Stamp Falls anymore because I'm not confident enough in my abilities to fish in the large groups, even if I was I'm not sure I like the "experience" Stamp Falls offers anyways, sounds like more trouble than it's worth most of the time. Not to mention at 7.5 months pregnant I won't be doing that hike anytime soon...

I actually SAW (yes, saw, with my own eyes) Tristan's video shot PRIOR to the opening of Stamp Falls, so don't try to dispel that to rumor. I also heard about an altercation he had with another (more experienced) bank angler (a personal friend) on whether or not you were allowed to continue fishing after killing your two fish. I'm not saying he's a bad kid, just needs to educate himself...

I do agree that there needs to be more presence from the new generation of "young" anglers within the sportfishing world, but are you really going to be happy if they voice their opinions and they differ from yours? You don't seem to do to well with opposition...

hmmm.... ok. I guess you really thought that post through too? relax you guys are getting too hot! this thread is going to get locked again! lol seriuosly relax.

Seriously guys?.....and gals.

There is info on this thread....... but The powers that be will see this thread in the AM and poke the red button.... And its gone..... cause some childrens needed to bicker....

Since it will be nuked in the morning now I will offer..............
images

So anyways.... hows the fishing on the SSS system been? Inquiring minds want to know

Back