Sproat loggers derby

Classic photo shop - outstanding. Guy in the cape kinda looks bit familiar....hmmm Approach with caution.

Well I think we have covered how fun this event can be (and will be again this year) :). I have entered it the last couple of years and it is a great event. I'm just glad to see it continue on. Kudos to the ones who have taken on the task this year. I'll be in contact to donate a nice prize this year. Thank you for all the work involved in putting this derby together :cool:.

If you have never come out for this one folks, I highly suggest it. It is great fun and it gives you a reason to clean up the rig and get out on the water ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Bay,
Thanks for posting the dates of the derby. Wouldn't miss it. Only one month to go:))

Have a conflict with the Tradex Show, so won't be able to attend. Sure was a bunch of fun last year, so I would highly recommend joining the derby fun it if you can go.

Yup...look's like I'm going to miss this one now too....Mind u I'm not sure if body got over the anarchy session from last year...;)

Not sure if I can find your place GC, if so may just have to darken your doorstep.

Battle Bay and to all the organizers I've had the pleasure of attending this derby the past couple years thank you for your efforts putting this on & looking forward to another fine event!

Not sure if I can find your place GC,

Look for the yellow lightening bolt and a guy in a costume (possibly some potato holes in the windows too) lol.........:D. Just kidding around GC. Sounds like there won't be anyone around to fertilize the garden this year :confused:.

Look forward to seeing you out there rapid, GC, and everyone else :cool:.

Look for the yellow lightening bolt and a guy in a costume (possibly some potato holes in the windows too) lol.........:D. Just kidding around GC. Sounds like there won't be anyone around to fertilize the garden this year :confused:.

Look forward to seeing you out there rapid, GC, and everyone else :cool:.

That's Rapids second home, he just invites me so he doesn't feel bad about crashing there by himself. The gardens had a good dose of fertilizer over the winter, but it could use some more just in time for spring, variety is the key. I'm hoping to kick you out with a nice afternoon glow and point you in the direction of Grappler Inlet. I hear there's a place down there where people like to light it up at night.

How long of a drive from Port to poetts towing a 17' boat?

im heading there next week , will let ya all know how the road is ,
appx 55-60 km ta poett ,towing , takin ur time , 1hr n 45 min perhaps , normal driving time for us is around 70 mins no boat,
road has been great all winter, but expect alot of mud on your rig on arrival, bring a hose !!
ive attended this for many years , just dont know what to expect as far as weather goes ,
fished in t shirts and shorts , to being stuck at camp cause the nook was frozen solid , blowing snow etc...
be prepared for anything , seen someone attempt ta sleep in a tent years back,
that didnt go so well , woke up in the morning with there tent pinned up in a tree, 25 meters up the hill !!

gd lk
hv fun

fd

I'm putting the last one (on hand) of the cleaning tables we made up last year, into the prize mix for this event. I'm not a derby fisherman but this was the first one I ever entered and its so much fun.

It is exactly the same table that I donated to the Bamfield tuna shoot out and the SFBC derby. I hope this get's a few more tickets sold :).

This event always has great prizes for everyone that attends. I am happy to help out where I can. I hope other business owners or individuals that haven't donated to the event before can do so this year or in the future.

Cheers,
John

I'm hoping to kick you out with a nice afternoon glow and point you in the direction of Grappler Inlet. I hear there's a place down there where people like to light it up at night.

I appreciate your sentiments.........but in reality, there is a huge possibility that there will be an East/West truce and that you will be on the bow of my boat guiding us through Grappler like Captain Barkley himself ha ha. I recall you like to frequently light it up at night at the same establishment you speak of :cool:. This could turn into a typical what happens in Bamfield stays in Bamfield scenario lol ;).

Back