Spring salmon

bumpkin44

WE plan to arrive in Vancouver mid-May 2013. We've fished the Fraser previously in the fall but would like to see what might be available upon arrival. We prefer salmon fishing if that is any good offshore or in the rivers in spring. Any advice welcomed. Is fishing better off Vancouver Island at that time of year?

Thanks from KS

WE plan to arrive in Vancouver mid-May 2013. We've fished the Fraser previously in the fall but would like to see what might be available upon arrival. We prefer salmon fishing if that is any good offshore or in the rivers in spring. Any advice welcomed. Is fishing better off Vancouver Island at that time of year?

Thanks from KS

Fishing can be good just about anywhere at that time of the year in the salt. May in Comox and Campbell river was on fire, usually bamfield is really good in may as well. I dont watch the victoria or vancouver threads so i cant help you there.

Trout fishing should be starting to heat up around that time as well in the local lakes and rivers. You wont find any salmon in the rivers at that time of the year. Good luck!

Good early summer fishing off of Victoria at Constance Bank. PM if you want details and my website info.

Back