Spoon Storage

Waterwolf2230

I have been trying to think of a solution to my spoons. I hate stacking them on one another in a tray to have them rub together and wear down the finish. I saw these Plano Hydro Flo boxes at Cabela's and thought I'd give it a shot. I like that at the end of the day I can give them a good spray down and most of the water will flow out the bottom. Have any of you tried this system? The one downside I see if that larger spoons don't hang straight so that means less storage for the bigger ones. I need to make more room for some of NOG's awesome Iron Needles. Both of those in the last picture have been good to me! Any feedback or other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Curtis

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 250
1 for 2, not bad! Youve got a great collection there, only thing missing is a sandlance... ;)

1 for 2, not bad! Youve got a great collection there, only thing missing is a sandlance... ;)
Oh ya, I have 1 AP Sandlance, where the heck did I put it...I caught a fair number of Coho on it last year but not many Springs. I think that I'll maybe try their Herring or Anchovy version for a little more size. The herring in Campbell River last summer were huge. I have the glow/moon jelly color.

I wonder what that cost you? I have seen a plano box for 50 spoons, but I don't think it drained, so I'll have another look. it was listed for $50.
I take it you use a flourcarbon leader with a quick change/ snap on it to change spoons quickly?

I think that box has everything you need in terms of spoons to catch a migrating chinook anywhere in BC waters!
I beg to differ. You'll need at least 150 more spoons, 200 hootchies, 36 plugs, 40 teaser heads, 20 jigs, plus some bucktails, flies and various other one-offs to have a fighting chance. My wife has been taught to believe this, so it must be true.

I wonder what that cost you? I have seen a plano box for 50 spoons, but I don't think it drained, so I'll have another look. it was listed for $50.
I take it you use a flourcarbon leader with a quick change/ snap on it to change spoons quickly?
The box was only $12.99 so I figured what the heck...and yes usually 5' of 25lb fluorocarbon for my spoons with a Sampo swivel on one end and quick snap on the other.

I have been trying to think of a solution to my spoons. I hate stacking them on one another in a tray to have them rub together and wear down the finish. I saw these Plano Hydro Flo boxes at Cabela's and thought I'd give it a shot. I like that at the end of the day I can give them a good spray down and most of the water will flow out the bottom. Have any of you tried this system? The one downside I see if that larger spoons don't hang straight so that means less storage for the bigger ones. I need to make more room for some of NOG's awesome Iron Needles. Both of those in the last picture have been good to me! Any feedback or other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Curtis
That looks great! And expandable for hoochies and teaser heads as well.
I'm stealing your idea (and making a note of you spoon inventory). Just FYI ;)

That looks great! And expandable for hoochies and teaser heads as well.
I'm stealing your idea (and making a note of you spoon inventory). Just FYI ;)
I've got another idea that I'm working on for my hoochies and teasers. Still with the Hydro Flow box but a different one...in my head it'll be pretty cool so stand by for that :)

I have various Tupperware containers by size, colour, style, etc and paper towel/Kleenex tissue wrapping/layers helps keep the box wear to minimum. I figure out what I'm going to fish with and stick with that...change up dependent on water/light conditions and observed bait species and size. I generally have the "control" spoons down and then vary around the control spoons. Generally if I fish 6" spoons....all the 6" are down...and in my area 4" is a catch all size....however 5" are better at time. Some guys go small....which is fine if you like small fish....

Back