SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some GOOD NEWS.

Based on a conference call last night it appears our marine waters will remain open for sport sockeye fishing for some time. Of interest, the weekly fisheries management conference call has been suspended for next week (Tuesday night) unless some major negative development occurs between now and then. That suggests DFO are not planning any closure in the next two weeks. :)

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Well got out early and got our sox quickly off of secretary... pink squirts were the tickets for us... went west for some springs and got to watch Wolf put on a show! 35, 24, 23, 20.... nadda for us.... Guess it's nice to be dialed in hey roy? And oh yeah... profisher... next time you roll into the fishing grounds can you please wait till your gear is in the water before you cut in... thanks...

Got out twice in the past week. Both days were short outta Cheanah. Sunday the fishing partner showed up at 9:00 a.m. (re 6:00) and we managed a 20 lb'er between Church and the Bedfords before getting too windy and was off the water shortly after noon. Tuesday, we decided to go out after work and same partner showed up close to 6:00 p.m. Couldn't get much past Aldredge due to wind, and the fog close behind. Decided to stay in the bay, where it was quite nice, and picked up a 10 lb'er.

The 20 was taken on a "Nasty Boy" coyote, no flasher and 4 oz of lead on the middle rod. Just decided to throw it out near the surface when saw sox jumping in our vicinity. Lotsa fun, no flasher and little weight. The 10 came in on a cop car coyote, blue/green mist flasher and 100 ft on the wire. No sox either trip out. No bad days, some are just better than others.:D

Will be going out of Cheanah again for the next two mornings, hopefully get my son and his buddy from Oregon into some fish before they head off to school down south on Sunday. Should be early starts too which will help, at least hopefully beat the wind for a couple extra hours.

Say hi if you go by. We'll be in a 17' Campion CC. Hopefully I'll have something good to report on Friday night.

Cheers,
'Hawk

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

congrats fishhawk! Nothing better then having that middle rod just start screaming! Hope your son gets into some fish! There are times that Nasty Boy spoon really gets the job done! I had 2 days up in Nitnat where we got 8 springs each day in about 3 hours and everyone else had nothing. People were stunned! Just shows you somtimes you gotta give them what they want or atleast what pisses them off!

-Steve

Sorry addicted but there is no point being off the tack when a bite is in progress. I spaced myself evenly between you and wolf, had a rod in the water fishing in under a minute, caught a 28 shortly after. Ended up with 28, 24, 20, 15 1/2, 15 and 11 sockeye for the day.

Well if you consider 75 ft far enough back on my butt dry humping it when there was only 3 boats there!!! All I can say why do you do these things??? You could have pulled up and started at the end like any normal person would have done .... its not crowded there but you made it that way, respect others around you man I mean cmon.And you wonder why people hate you soo much?????
You really dont have to do that if you want we can chat on the dock man to man anytime!!!!!
Please give me room Im working just like you are..I do for you all the time

Thanks

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Ok, wolf conversation is over, you exaggerate your distances like the weight of the fish in your pictures. If 300 feet or more to you and addicted makes you nervous get your old job back. And by the way try to be happy even when you don't have fish and others do...your tone tells on the radio!!!

Ok, wolf conversation is over, you exaggerate your distances like the weight of the fish in your pictures. If 300 feet or more to you and addicted makes you nervous get your old job back. And by the way try to be happy even when you don't have fish and others do...your tone tells on the radio!!!

Sorry fishflyguy but this site seems to be all about wining latley so this is my last post in this section. Will only post in conversation forums when something important comes up. Some good people on here, some I've met some I haven't. Sorry but I don't have time for petty sniveling. Sorry wolf I may have gone to far with what I said here, but you pissed me off!!!

Sorry fishflyguy but this site seems to be all about wining latley so this is my last post in this section. Will only post in conversation forums when something important comes up. Some good people on here, some I've met some I haven't. Sorry but I don't have time for petty sniveling. Sorry wolf I may have gone to far with what I said here, but you pissed me off!!!

finally... thanks profisher!

i thought that if wolfies last pic was a 32lber, my "unit" must be 14"! [:p]

finally... thanks profisher!

i thought that if wolfies last pic was a 32lber, my "unit" must be 14"! [:p]

Yikes, It was just a Joke. Sorry Bud.

Im not sure what you and Wolf's relationship is like. But being a business its none of my business. There are many people who do things wrong according to others. We just have to stop and be happy we are not the ones who are making fishing more difficult for others. Just because its your profession doesent give you more authority over others. Its a big ocean.

-Steve

Yikes, It was just a Joke. Sorry Bud.

Im not sure what you and Wolf's relationship is like. But being a business its none of my business. There are many people who do things wrong according to others. We just have to stop and be happy we are not the ones who are making fishing more difficult for others. Just because its your profession doesent give you more authority over others. Its a big ocean.

-Steve

Banger, you have to take into consideration that wolf is not a small guy! But you know how fisherman are, they always grow!

[:p]

Steve

Banger, you have to take into consideration that wolf is not a small guy! But you know how fisherman are, they always grow!

[:p]

Steve

Remember the old days when we all used do this $h!t and no one complained on an public forum [V]
Don't see nobody beechin cause mother nature throws a wave at them...

This aint a pissing match guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back