SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good News on Coho retention! Looking forward to some fishing with dad this weekend - Good Luck to all.

Well, only one wild isn't too much to get excited about. We have released lots of Coho this year. Hatcheries are few and far between. In the end I guess we were just perfecting our technique. BUT THEY ARE REALLY BIG. All were over 15 lbs. and one in the low 20's.

“The Gods do not subtract from men’s lives - the time spent fishing.”

Was out today from 6-11 off of Sooke. Lots of action and very big coho. Amazed at the average size of some of these. standard gear fishing fast and between 40-120ft. Lost prob one of the biggest i have every had on right beside the boat. Calm day lots of sun good day to skip work. Most of the action was around the tide lines

Thanks for the report mama, im heading out tomorrow and maybe sunday also. What was the clipped / non clipped ratio ?

out today 8am-1 fished head-aldridge500-600' 70-110' 90' proved best landed 12 to 16 lbs.kept 2wild & 4 hatchery chovies out fished everything else weather was good till 2pm.[8D] regards Sammy

Hey Marula how you keeping? drop me a line we should get out soon.

I would say 5 to 1. tough to say though every time we had a questionable fish beside the boat it would go nuts and shake the hook before we could get a look. with the two wilds in the box the net goes away so we would loose lots just trying to see a fin or not.

Awsome day out there nows the time to go get them if your freezer isnt full yet.Found 70 to 120 ft good and a pearl white hootchie was my best today.

good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Out by self and my day was over in 15 minutes after boating a 15lb. Coho. 100/400 in front of Possession. Spent too much time in past week chasing hatcheries without success. Decided to conserve gas. Beautiful day, great fish. Tight lines everyone.

“The Gods do not subtract from men’s lives - the time spent fishing.”

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

I will be out tomorrow aswell. Fishflyguy on 68! Give a shout!

Good Luck

-Steve

[:X]

Great morning off sooke. Three of us went out 7:00am to 10:00am. Ended with a wild each and a single hatch. Would have had to cycle through too many wilds to get another hatch so headed in. They are large this year, must of been feeding very well.

green and white spoon did the best at 90 to 120 feet.

out with smiley - best 2 hours of fishing this year for me - shame we were out for 5. Once the tide got ripping, the weeds sucked and we just couldn't make any ground even ripping along. Before that though, from 8:00 to 10:00, non stop every pass, same spot, double headers, nice wilds to maybe 13 or so. Took 3 wild, 2 hatch, released 5 or 6 wild, lost 4 or 5 more. Loads of fun. 120-140' was best in 530' of water between beechy and secretary - just used plastics the whole time.

fishy009.jpg

Same story as Smiley and Deewar! Out from 8-2 had 16 fish to the boat. Kept 2 hatch and a wild. Nothing huge today biggest was 11 pounds. Green and white spoon nailed them all. 100-165' in 400-600ft

-Steve

Late and short trip for me today: 12 to 3. Tried first deep according to my buddies' reports but ran into a school in normal depths: 70' out off the head. Kept 2 about 10 and 12 and threw one smaller back and lost 2 more. Not world record fishing but not bad either.

I was out with my family today from 8:00 till 12:30 and had a blast. Lots of action. Ended up with 3 wild 2 hatch. Largest wild was 15 lbs. My wife played her first fish and now I think she's hooked. Nice to meet Smiley 66 and Dewar25 back at the docks. Kind of cool putting a face to your sfbc name. What a awesome day!

Kept a 7lb clipped and a 13 and 15 lb unclipped Coho today, no feeders. The 15 had a slightly pinkish belly/lower fins but was a good fighter. Released a few others in the water beside the boat. All of them were on Anchovy and at 90 feet or deeper.

quote:Not world record fishing but not bad either.

Gee Chris are you ever happy??:D Unless there is action every 10 mins you find it bad??? I dont get you??In 3 hours you got 5 fish??? whats wrong with that?? and what about how beutiful of a day it was for OCT.??? in t shirts fishing on the west coast. calm and warm , I think you go fishing for the wrong reason bud??? Think you would be best to go to a fish store and buy some fish......LOL LOL:D:D

AS for my report got 3 in the morning lost about 10 but had a blast as its fun when you get to reel in fish, my people were happy just to get one as they went to campbell river this summer and got one 8 lb spring for 3 days fishing so first fish was a 16 lb buck, the we practiced catch and realease the short and long version for the next few then got into a double header lost them both but they thought it was cool seeing them jump out of the water finally got 2 more in to end the day sent them of with 2 of them with some nice filets for a big family bbq that night. also got a chum too. I think thats the fish we are seeing jumping out there.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

HMM chum eh? Does that mean your trolling to slow? Ive never caught a chum. But have heard rumors you have to troll super slow. And what do you use to target them?

-Steve

quote:in t shirts fishing on the west coast. calm and warm

We're so fortunate to live here, not bad for October weather. Great day out there, lotsa action back home by 12:00.
Got them from 160ft to 45ft hootchies and bait worked good.
cheers

IMG00438.jpg

JUST FISHEN'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back