SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
first report of many, i hope. fisshed from 10 to 2 at the trap, caught 2, one 25, one 15, both at 70ft on the rigger. spoon betsy combo got them both, had strip on the other side didnt get a touch. off to do the family cross canada tour for 2 weeks, back at the end of aug for ten days before work, drilleryells

Steve might be stopping in on the way home from diversion...... Ill give him the .25 to give to ya Roy [V]

:D

Well my trip to Diversion was a fail. Trees down and power lines. Sooke RD closed for 3 hours. Well I guess a 6 pack and a tour de south island loop was in store. Will be up in the Am to bounce around in the residual windy slop. YAY. Atleast it sounds like there are some fish to be had!!!

Good luck out there. Ill be on 68. Give me a shout. Fishflyguy

-Steve

Stve....AND..... hmmmmm told stay in go look at golf shoes as theres no fish out there the sky is falling;);)LOL LOL yes this last couple of days have beeen WAY better .
Wheres my 25 cents???????

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Was at the Trap again today and got my wife her first salmon ever #26. However a VERY SAD DAY, she is hooked. She said that she wants to go all the time, my buddies aren't going to like that. Trolled out to the reef and picked up a couple of socks and called it a day. Fairly flat and raining today. Back out tomorrow WITH THE WIFE. LOL

quote:Originally posted by casper5280

However a VERY SAD DAY, she is hooked. She said that she wants to go all the time, my buddies aren't going to like that.
Just pick a couple snottier days and it should clear that right up :D

LOL:D

I will add.... Congrats to the wifey.
I really dont mind having mine come out(she loves it too)..... if I cant shake 'er :D

The funny thing is I have tried for 27 years for her to come, but it is alway crappy out, no fish or to early. She now knows that leaving the house at 4-5 in the morning means fishing at 6-7 o'clock and packing it in at noon means home at 2-3 in the afternoon. Than clean fish and pack it away, clean boat and it's dinner time. So really it's 5-6 hours fishing. Anyway it was nice to see her catch her first fish.

Wolfie, Lets meet up one day and I will buy you a Beer. From what I saw today its worth my .25 cents. We only got into 3 fish. My dad last one long line release. And was sealed off the Head in the afternoon.

Back out early tomorrow to try again. Maybe this time we will get a few in the tub!

-Steve

Now I really think I owe you your .25 cents Wolfie. Was out today 7-12. Hit a nice 16 pounder first thing within 5 mins of dropping the lines. 64ft puprple Haze teaser and flasher. Then 10 mins later had a pin popper and missed it. Then around 8 my buddy Mike hit a 20 pounder. Blue mist flasher and teaser. At around 8:30 we had a double header of pin poppers and somhow missed both fish. The rest of the morning was slow after that. But it was sure nice to get some action!

-Steve

if it is any consolation I saw the seal pull it up on the rocks it looked happy to steal a meal it wasnt huge( maybe low teens) seal one dad zero:( ps are u the one that has grandpa fishing TOO ?

Grandpa is on another boat. And yeah my dad thought it was way bigger. Think the seal had it alot earlier in the fight then he thought.

Lots of fish out there today. I know because I kept getting them on the line and losing them. :( LOL!

Lost a real nice sockeye first thing at the net.
Then decided that I should switch 2 of the 3 rods to sockeye gear for a couple of passes. Few minutes later and one of the pink squirts gets a fish. Small spring about 8lb in the bucket.
Next father inlaw checks a line. Pops it off the downrigger and a good spring takes it on the way up. Caught him off guard and he lost it shortly after that.
Next small spring on. Long line release.
Running short on time in the morning we decide to head out to 450 ft. and drop sockeye gear for some eaters. Less than 5 minutes and I hook a screamer of a spring on the pink squirt. Got it to the boat for a good look, mid 20's, and it wraps around one of the riggers. Like it knew what it was doing. [B)]
We trolled for 1/2 hour trying to locate the sox but no luck.

One in the bucket but lots of action. Saw plenty of fish caught.
Think I may fish the pink squirts for springs a little more often.

Game on!:D

Tips

Had a spring take a Pink Squirt on sat. The one that was sealed. And my first ever when I was 10 was on a pink squirt fishing pinks. I was shocked when my pink took a 300 ft run. Ended up being 24 pounds.

I was one happy kid that day!!!

Lots of sockeye action first thing, 10 in a couple hrs and lost as many again. Half were 7-8 pounders. Then a 18 pound spring and lost another to finish one fish short. Didn't see that many other sockeyebeing caught around us...fished 6 lines and had all of them hooked up twice.

Four sox and a 31 pound spring on Saturday. :D- Fun afternoon, first time out in Sooke this year and was as much fun as Bam and Rennie have been thus far. Two of the sox were on a pink squirt, 18" leader w/ pink and silver flasher. The other rod seemed to be a good set-up for both. It yielded two sox and big spring on a red hot spot with a 4" watermelon, coyote spoon on a 5' 6" leader. All fish taken between 42 and 67 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back