SOOKE Reports, Fall/Winter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
U bet bud tis I u wre in the other arima? pretty easy to hide behind the monitor or in my cabin of the boat with my profile it's prety hard to miss me on land now u know what me &the boat looks like (hourston) call me on 68 i'm always happy to share info as u know no secrets here(after i get a couple in the tub that is). Hell lets stop after fishing 4 a brown pop a couple of buds have trailers @ the marina we can stop by & BS for a while. Take care Guys nice to meet always room for more fishn buds Cheers Sammy

Sorry about the spelling & grammar after all it's grey cup day!

Well went out today and was slow for the first 3 hours, didn't see to much but one salmon caught then the bite seemed to come on and looked like most boats were into fish. We managed to get 6 springs between 5-10 pounds. Usual spots and depths. Any color flasher and teaser didn;t seem to matter.

Funny that we often hear about these big fish and rarely see them Justin... I've been at it for god knows how long and only topped 19lbs once in the winter. I'd love to see a pic too! And don't get me wrong boys... I'm not calling B.S. on the rumor at all.

Guess there are a few around Packy. I have had the odd high teen, mostly late Feb early March, no twenties though. Maybe this is our year, Christmas fish! You, Dewey and I, Ah and Shields too if he ever comes outta the bush from hunting! lol.

Posting this up for David, some nice fatties

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/jcw777/attach.jpg
attach.jpg
Put this up for David from the other day. Fatties.

I found anchoring up off of Church, a float with 160' down to your pencil lead and a BC oragnge Gooey Bob work the best for the big winter springs! Roe Bags showed me that one

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya Justin! I'd love to get a few over Chistmas! Off from the 24 to Jan 6 so we can get out on your boat or mine! Shields will come if we bribe him.... lol

Boxing Day Derby

Reel Excitement( Al Kennedy) is putting on the first annual boxing day derby out of Jocks Dock.
Entry $20 per person
Please bring a non perishable food donation for the local food bank
Cheers Codfish

1st Annual Boxing Day Derby
Starts at 8am and finishes at 1pm
At Jocks Dock and the Crab Shack in Sooke
$20 per person with the winner taking the pot!
Youth prizes...
Please bring a nonperishable item for the local food bank.
Any questions...give me a call - Paul 250 220 0295

Maybe this should have its own thread?
Sounds like a good idea... 20 bucks for kids too?
Is it a prepay or at Jocks in the morning?

If you can get Aldin at the shop, you can prepay...if not...in the morning will be fine.
$20 for the Kids if they want in on the big prize money...otherwise...kids are free and there will be a smaller prize given to them for the biggest fish.

Fished whirl today for a couple hours,decent fishing landed 4, 8 to 12lbs 130ft water dragging the bottom all on purple haze squirts.

Dragged some gear around for an hour or so today in Becher and off the Bedfords, nada...Snowin and Blowin like mad, killer Whales came through for a show. Decent haul of crab for our effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out Fri. if weather holds i'll try trap to bluffs try & report by fri. evening i'll be on 68 if anyone wants to share info...Cheers SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back