Sooke Reports - Fall and Winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the trough today and scraped up one 7 lber. Beauty day out there though. Mint tulip scraping the bottom for a few hours.

Hey everyone... I am new to writing on this site. I read the site very often but just havent found the time to really get going on it. Now that I have, I really just need to say "THANKS" u guys rock..... everyone is so helpful for the most part ...there are a few who stir the pot... but I gotta say it, since I have been reading this site my fish count has quadrupled... so thanks a bunch to all the helpful souls out there...I will make sure I make a contribution and post when things are working for me.. Thanks everyone

We fished Sat 0745 hrs to 1130. Landed 1 Coho, 1 winter spring and lost a nice teen coho at the boat due to the rod snapping in half. We also had a few more winter springs to the boat but they never made it into the net. There are still Coho out there and with winter springs now showing up in greater numbers there is still lots of action.

At the dock I also saw Gypseas with two of his buddy and 5 nice winter springs to clean.

We were fishing the Sooke bluffs (300' of water) using bait at 50' to 120'

She looks very pretty in the water, Gypseas! Congrats on owning such a beauty! Just don't tell me how much you had to lay down for her! Wanna keep on dreaming...lol

Chris, that is a pick of Doug...D&D Charters.

ahh well crap, u are actually right for a change - forgot about about! I stand corrected. Moving on! lol

Senility is running rampant here!!!

Out today with 3 other boats with a group of 15 guys from Manitoba. The count went 30 winter springs played and 1 chum for the 4 boats over 4 hours. Fish were released as they didn't want to take any home with them. I brought 2 home for myself, 7 and 5 pounds, nothing big in the entire bunch. Tin shed area in 130 to 180 feet of water from 90 to 140 feet down. A fair amount of bait showing and a huge number of Porpoise off the bluffs.

In the interests of getting some more reports ... a little Sooke fishing contest. A FishingSooke.ca t-shirt to the first person who posts a photo showing a successful fishing trip after using Sooke's new public launch. Photo must show the fish and your boat at the ramp. And give everyone a fishing report while you're at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back