Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Got a nice 28 lber as the ebb picked up. I think boys that thats it for the summer springs to be this slow and no coho showing up its not good heard there was a commercial opening on the west coast of the island as well WTF good ol DFO doing there dumb stuff again.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Yes tough out there ! one 12lb 6hr on the water Where are the Coho
has anyone try out in the middle for them ?

Rick

Yes tough fishing day again, One fish 4lb spring which I release. That was it for 6 hrs of fishing. Wow it is crazy out there. Where are the fish. I hear Renfrew is tough going as well.

Where are the Coho?

cby

Last year the fish were late and kept coming right into October. With that said, and the extreme uncertainty we see - where the H#ll is DFO to shut the fishing down? It's high time and very similiar to last year - only way worse. I say shut the coast down until further notice.

Gave spring fishing a break this weelend. Took a good buddy out from Kelowna haly fihin. Banged a 25, 35 and a 50 iber. Just baking some in the oven as I speak yum yum. Cheers FC

7 till noon for me today

Head, shack , and a last ditch effort at the Deadfords on my way in

not a snif ,,,,saw one guy farm one ,near the head ,,, squat

goana try tuesday eve

im on 68
Called to day Grady but no answer ...

tubbed

quote:Gave spring fishing a break this weelend. Took a good buddy out from Kelowna haly fihin. Banged a 25, 35 and a 50 iber. Just baking some in the oven as I speak yum yum. Cheers FC

How were the dogfish?

Thanks,
Tips

On the water today at 18:00 at Possesion trolled for couple of hours got hit real hard just before the sun setting, took line and almost spooled me, got burned palm to prove LOL [B)] did not wanna come to the boat no way no how.

Finally when I had it by the side of the boat bloody seal comes and grabs it. 10-15 minutes later lost flasher and all :(
Where is Walleyes when you need him:D

Thanks Mike for the assistance!

Cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Got a 32lber at the beggining of the summer that didn't put half the fight this one did. I only had a glimpse at it as it came within 10ft from the boat, saw the seal coming from under the boat, the fish jumped out of the water trying to get away from the seal, then took a dive and I could feel the seal pulling it down. Even with the seal in tow it wasn't peeling line as bad as the the first run.
So my guess is if it wasn't bigger than 32 than it must've been on steroids or sumtin';)

cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Bummer Gyps!

I feel your pain. No fish around, and when you finally get one... boom!

Next time.

Good Luck!
Terry

Sorry T.O. my wife changed the plan for me and I had to take out friends of the family............ we went out on the water front and got squat............ great day though. I was on 68 but must have missed the call.

GB

Went out yesterday. Not even a sniff off Secretary. Lots of bait there though! Hooked into about 6 coho out in the tide lines half way to the border between 1-2. Two keepers, depth was surface to 90 feet. Couldn't actually see the tide lines for the chop but look for the debris in the water.

quote:Heard the same thing Wolf. Area G troll is going to have a opening ??
DFO does this when they know there are no fish around. Basically so they can say they gave the commercial guys all these openings. In reality they know there will be few fish caught.

Heard of a huge hali being weighed in at outfitters something like a 320 lber!!!!!!!!!!!holy cow

As for me today not a lot of boats out got a few nice ones though.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

That's great to hear wolf were you at otter again? I am heading out tomorrow afternoon and I could sure use a tip...............

Thanks,

GB

MY bad saw that hali was already posted Grady if you see me out there say hi ok you no where ill be lol

good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back