Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Good to hear that some fish are getting caught. We were out today near trap but we only lasted about 2 hours...my young daughter was not having her best day. I saw several good fish get caught but we did not have a sniff. I can't expect much without putting in the time. I will be back out early tomorrow without my daughter so I will be able to put in a full effort.

Any suggestions on depth from today? We picked up a nice 20 something last week at 75 feet before losing it to a seal. There seemed to be a lot of bait in the water today at the 40 foot mark so maybe a little shallow tomorrow?

Good luck out there[8D]

We were at Sheringham early yesterday, lots of bait 3 good strikes missed all of them. Sounds like we drove over the fish. Oh well that's the way goes. We are in a 17 double eagle with blue top. Recognize some of you guys out there. Phantom name, Lucky Eagle

Picked up a teenager at the trap today. Saw about 6-7 fish get taken. Monaro i have been getting them from 60-90, so you are in the game. West wind looks like its making its return, drag..

Tournament Proven !

Hey Monaro,

Are you by chance the same guy who sold me the Lowrance LMS-350 sounder-GPS last year?

I recall the fellow had a newer Monaro and that his daughter also played soccer for the Gorge.

Terry

Well did the first Sooke trip this weekend,spent Saturday figuring out things.Sunday 2 for three,Today was off Possesion/Secratary up and down in the slop 3 good hits between 6 and 7:30 Dad is just getting too slow to get to the rods,oh well when I get close to 80 I hope i'm as spry as him.He can still cuss a blue streak about losing fish though.70 feet, rainbow head, small anchovy,betsy flasher 7.5 leader.Dan

Well did the first Sooke trip this weekend,spent Saturday figuring out things.Sunday 2 for three,Today was off Possesion/Secratary up and down in the slop 3 good hits between 6 and 7:30 Dad is just getting too slow to get to the rods,oh well when I get close to 80 I hope i'm as spry as him.He can still cuss a blue streak about losing fish though.70 feet, rainbow head, small anchovy,betsy flasher 7.5 leader.Dan

Fished the trap shack to secretary from 615 to 1130 yesterday. Got nothing and saw 4 fish netted

Fished the trap shack to secretary from 615 to 1130 yesterday. Got nothing and saw 4 fish netted

hey dan, did u stay out in that mess this morning, i got out about 6am but packed her in just after 7am, i forget what u got for a boat, i was out in a 16ft double eagle, blue with a fish on the side chasing a smaller one, maybe i seen u out there

hey dan, did u stay out in that mess this morning, i got out about 6am but packed her in just after 7am, i forget what u got for a boat, i was out in a 16ft double eagle, blue with a fish on the side chasing a smaller one, maybe i seen u out there

Fished hard for 2 days at Trap and Otter. 2 hits on Sat. 2 fish hooked on Sun.

First good size chinook for the season = seal's breakfast!

Fished hard for 2 days at Trap and Otter. 2 hits on Sat. 2 fish hooked on Sun.

First good size chinook for the season = seal's breakfast!

I was a couple of hundred yards behind you when you packed it up Sean,I've got a 185 Double Eagle black and silver accents, and if your close enough a light bulb with a baseball hat on the bow.Should have followed you in,that was the right move.I'll come over next time and say Hi.Dan

I was a couple of hundred yards behind you when you packed it up Sean,I've got a 185 Double Eagle black and silver accents, and if your close enough a light bulb with a baseball hat on the bow.Should have followed you in,that was the right move.I'll come over next time and say Hi.Dan

We fished otter this morning from 6:00 am to 11:30, was really sloppy in the morning, died down and then started up again. Had a nice hard run untill it spit the hook around 10:30 then shortly after bonked a teenager.

fish.gif

We fished otter this morning from 6:00 am to 11:30, was really sloppy in the morning, died down and then started up again. Had a nice hard run untill it spit the hook around 10:30 then shortly after bonked a teenager.

fish.gif

sounds good Dan, i will watch out for ya, but i dont think i will even try to bother tommorrow, will have to wait till next sat for me

sounds good Dan, i will watch out for ya, but i dont think i will even try to bother tommorrow, will have to wait till next sat for me

Stayed out at Sunny's this weekend, fished Sat from 5 30a - 12 p, picked up 3 by 8 30 am, 27,13,14#'s. Saw 3 other fish caught between Sec. and Poss., ours were caught straight off Poss., 60ft on the rigger in 130 ft of water. Know of a buddy who caught 3 at Muir all before noon, we fished it from 9 30a - 12p for nothing. Also heard of 3 boats that went to Cons. from Sooke and all came back with hali, biggest was 60#'s.
Fished Sec/Poss on Sunday from 5 30 a - 4 p, saw 4 fish caught in the morning and 3 at 1 p. We didn't get a bite until 1p, 24 #er a bit tighter off the point, 75 ft on the rigger.
Betsy,Green Haze for flashers; chrome, chartruse, and some disco looking thing for teaser heads. 5.5 and 6 ft. leaders.
When I talked to the creel survey chick our fish was #10 at 4 30 p, most of the fish she saw on Sunday came from Otter.

Stayed out at Sunny's this weekend, fished Sat from 5 30a - 12 p, picked up 3 by 8 30 am, 27,13,14#'s. Saw 3 other fish caught between Sec. and Poss., ours were caught straight off Poss., 60ft on the rigger in 130 ft of water. Know of a buddy who caught 3 at Muir all before noon, we fished it from 9 30a - 12p for nothing. Also heard of 3 boats that went to Cons. from Sooke and all came back with hali, biggest was 60#'s.
Fished Sec/Poss on Sunday from 5 30 a - 4 p, saw 4 fish caught in the morning and 3 at 1 p. We didn't get a bite until 1p, 24 #er a bit tighter off the point, 75 ft on the rigger.
Betsy,Green Haze for flashers; chrome, chartruse, and some disco looking thing for teaser heads. 5.5 and 6 ft. leaders.
When I talked to the creel survey chick our fish was #10 at 4 30 p, most of the fish she saw on Sunday came from Otter.

Back